Royal Ballon

Nevsehir, Cappadocia, Turkey

Royal Ballon Cappadocia Reviews

msSleep msSleep
Cappadocia from up above Nov 09, 2010
The moment you arrive in the city of Cappadocia, you will start to hear people recommended you to take a hot air balloon to see the view from above. So, I thought why not? I came far from Indonesia to Turkey, I wanted to see the best of it, right?

BUT, *here we come the problem* I have a little problem with height. Acting cool outside but freaking nervous inside. Then my local guide told me not to be nervous, he said:"it's great up there", "it's not scary at all", "it's comforting", "it's beautiful", "you will love it", all kind of nice words to calm me. What's in my mind: "yeah right, you're the local guide, so you would try your best to make me do something you wanted me to do". LOL, sorry Mr.guider.

That's one problem, the other problem was, I had to wake up so ridiculously early, at 4am. Maybe this is not a problem at all if you could sleep at 9pm or 10pm. But I got to the hotel at midnight. I already paid in advance for the hot air balloon. So, what can I do? No way to escape but to wake up early and ready to look like a zombie in my picture.

Morning call was sucks! The pick up car from the Royal Balloon company was already waiting in the lobby of the hotel. Felt tired, sleepy, not excited at all. Then arrived in the company for breakfast, my beautiful day started here :D

All the workers there were cute and handsome plus friendly *thumbs up*! Also, breakfast was good. Not just the workers, but other guests also were friendly, we talked to each other. Nice atmosphere for sure! I got to see sunrise, with accompanied of a cup of coffee, scramble eggs, fried bacon, and toasts. I called it a great start in the morning, I didn't feel tired nor sleepy anymore. I was EXCITED!

After finished breakfast, *remember to go to bathroom first*, headed to the huge balloon by car. I could see workers with stocky muscle worked hard to make the balloon inflate in the air. Then one by one we got into the basket and ready for the experience of the life time.

Hundreds meters above the ground, the balloon rotated slowly so we could see 360 degrees' scenery, weather was great, *handsome pilot*, I remember what my local guide told me, were true. It's beautiful, not scary at all, comforting, GREAT! Almost 1 hour above the ground, I could see the uniqueness of Cappadocia from top. Woke up early in the morning was WORTH!

The journey didn't end right after the balloon hit the ground. Because, they pop bottles of champagne for us, relax for a while, shared what we feel to other guests. They also gave us a medals :P

In short I resume this experience with Royal Balloon as an amazing time to see a unique nature in a city of Cappadocia.
Royal Ballon Map