Royal Azur Thalasso Golf

Check Hammamet Hotel Deals

Royal Azur Thalasso Golf Hammamet Reviews

laurawhispering laurawhi…
A Relaxing Getaway May 28, 2013
I spent 7 nights here at the end of May with a group of friends. It wasn't our first choice of hotel, with our original booking still undergoing building work (still slightly disappointed at Thomas Cook's lack of information regarding that), and reading a number of reviews online prior to arrival had left me pretty apprehensive about what might greet us. First impressions - arriving on an uncharacteristically windy day after 28 hours of being awake - were that the hotel was as tired and grotty as I felt and I wanted to turn around and go home.

Fortunately, my opinion quickly changed.

As the wind died down and the sun picked up, a sense of life emerged around the place. Sure, some of the upper parts of the building's exterior could do with a serious lick of paint, but the rest of the hotel's grounds are remarkably well kept, awash with blooming flowers and orange trees and all those intricately decorated traditional Tunisian doors.

The hotel boasts three swimming pools, a spa, fitness suite and its own private spot of beach.

We made use of the free indoor pool on our blustery arrival day, but it was the outdoor pool that provided the focal point for much of our holiday. Cleaned daily, surrounded by sun loungers and parasols and with waiter service for drinks, it was the perfect place to sunbathe and cool off at the height of the afternoon. Unfortunately, the incongruity of the temperatures on the notice board and the real temperature in the pool did make me 'chuckle' ...once I'd got my breath back!

The third pool, spa and fitness suite were beyond our budgeting means, but they seemed busy all week and the bubbling pools overlooking the beach were particularly tempting.

he 'private beach' itself was, however, a tad disappointing - more rocks and seaweed than golden sands - but, as one of my friends pointed out, growing up on the expansive Scottish coast has made us pretty spoiled. On the plus side, there are plenty of wooden huts and loungers to shade you from the sun; showers right on the beach to wash off all that pesky sand; and the Mediterranean Sea is such a glorious shade of blue that it's impossible to resist swimming in, even if, in May, it isn't as warm as you might have hoped!

The rest of our stay was thoroughly enjoyable. The on-site tour rep office and currency exchange desk, functioning safes in every room, and wireless internet available (at a cost) in the reception area all served us well. The standard and variety of food was good, with breakfast being a particular highlight (made to order crepes, anyone?), though an extra vegetarian option and some better labels on the dinner buffet would have been good... thank goodness for my meat-eating friends!

The variety of evening entertainment available in the 'pub' meant we didn't have to venture far at night (though, after one slightly disturbing encounter with a belly dancer, we opted to spend most nights sipping 'Boga', cocktails or Tunisian rosé in the lobby bar) and Monday evening's free nibbles and Sangria were a very pleasant surprise.

I must say, though, that it was the staff at the hotel who really added to our stay. I'd read, before arrival, that some guests had found them to be unhelpful and demanding, but I found them to be nothing but a delight. From the cleaning team who left our rooms spotless every day; to the repairmen who responded immediately when my friends' bathroom flooded; to the man at reception who put up with our endless difficulties connecting to the web; to our relentlessly cheerful waiter at dinner; to the bar staff who found endless hilarity in our sunburned faces, I could not find fault in the staff team. In a sometimes-intimidating culture, they really made the hotel a safe haven for us - the calm in the proverbial storm.

Although definitely not 5 stars by British standards, I would still recommend the Royal Azur to friends looking for a good value, relaxing getaway.
Royal Azur
Hotel Grounds
Pool from the balcony.
laurawhispering says:
Thank you - most unexpected and very kind!
Posted on: Jun 04, 2013
Suusj says:
Congrats on being featured :-).
Posted on: Jun 04, 2013
kumalisa kumalisa
Nice hotel, much more private and quiet than Yasmine Resort area, but the spa is not worth the money Nov 13, 2010
The hotel is wonderful, the food wasn't terrific. We had half board so breakfast and dinner included. Breakfast was great, but dinner was just okay. I was hoping for more Tunisian dishes, but instead they were trying to accomodate all tastes - English, French, German. Although there was tonnes of food, I wasn't overly impressed with the quality. Service was excellent, the hotel is not a 5-star rating in North America, so be prepared. It is clean on the main floor, the hallways/carpets are badly in need of replacing. The rooms are old-style, but our beds were comfortable (even though we had to push two doubles together), maid service was great (even greater when you leave a dinar tip!). The spa is not worth the money. The beach and water is to die for. The town is very interesting, but be prepared for lots of people trying to sell their wares. Be polite - it's their job/their way of life! There is always a pizza joint within metres of each other if you are so inclined!! And yes, alcoholic beverages are allowed!

Royal Azur Thalasso Golf Overview

The Royal Azur Thalasso can be found directly on the beautiful Mediterranean shore. The hotel is located in the center of a large exotic park. Guests will find themselves with easy access to golf courses as well as the center of Hammamet. The Royal Azur Thalasso Golf is located a short distance from public buses and taxis, which offer easy access to attractions as well as Tunis Airport.

Each of the guestrooms at the Royal Azur Thalasso Hammamet offers a private balcony with views of the sea or gardens. The hotel also offers satellite television, phones, and minibars in every room. Rooms also offer private bathrooms with robes and hair dryers.

Guests of the Hotel Royal Azur Thalasso will find that there are numerous shops and restaurants in the area. The hotel offers an onsite restaurant and barbecue as well as a bar. Meals are included in room prices and the hotel offers a gift shop, a gym, a spa, multiple pools, and more.

Royal Azur Thalasso Golf Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes