Roxy Restaurant and Bar

Roxy Restaurant and Bar - the open kitchen

Roxy Restaurant and Bar Sacramento Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Roxy into the back May 20, 2010
The decor is great, a sort of Texas cowboy California Parisian chic thing. I enjoyed just looking at the high back suede leather seats and that beautiful chandelier hanging in the center of the dining area. I did like the open kitchen concept and the bar was just amazing. That is about where all the good stuff stops. The service was so-so, as it seemed to take forever to get served. They did bring some pretty good bread out and the waiter was quick to tell me where they bought it. They served a cold bottle of water but no ice in the glass. After 10 minutes it was at room temp and not as good as a nice iced down glass of water.

The food was not so bad on the menu, but it was not really worth the high price tag or the taste on the plate. I had a salmon salad. They must have only put a small handful of greens on the pate and those were chopped so fine, I really thought I was eating parsley. The salmon was waaaaaaaay over cooked and so many other things seemed to be, well, you get the idea. The menu wasn’t what I had expected; burgers and salads, but there's always something that disappoints or annoys. This place is owned by the same people who bring us another Sac restaurant, Lucca, so I really wanted to like this place. I don’t believe the kitchen lives up to the menu literature. I guess they just need to cook better. Ouch.
Inside the dining area