London, England
Rossopomodoro - The inside

Rossopomodoro London Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
A great place for pizza Mar 14, 2015
So with my birthday not far away i was looking for a place to go to dinner with the family. Covent Garden is an easy place for them to drive to in London so this seemed like a good area to find somewhere. My mum is a little on the fussy side when it comes to food so Italians are normally a safe place when eating out with her. While searching on Google i cam across Rossopomodoro. It seemed like a nice place in good location so i decided this was the place to take the family. I had a quick look at their menu online and saw the did pizzas and pastas so it looked like a safe bet. The prices, while not overly expensive, definitely weren't on the cheap option.

Rossopomodoro are actually not the usual Italian i was expecting. They actually serve Neopolitan food. They claim "you won’t find more authentic pizza than ours outside Naples". As we walked in i was impressed with the style of the restaurant but i was worried that we would be squashed a little. Thankfully there was an upstairs that was a lot emptier. They did try and seat us right next to someone (like so close we would back our chairs into them when moving) but we asked to be seated somewhere else so they happily moved us to a table with some breathing room.

While looking at the menus my brother made a comment that there better be meat on the menu or he would be mad. I thought he was just saying that because i don't eat a lot of meat (i was originally tempted to take them to a vegetarian restaurant!) but as i was looking down the menu i realised that there were only a few meat options available here. Kinda funny seeing how meat lovers deal with a menu more catered for vegetarians!

But my brother did find a mushroom and sausage pizza, i had a tomato and mozzarella ravioli, my step dad had a salad and my mum, being the picky one, ordered the tomato spaghetti but asked for no tomatoes. She seemed surprised when a bowl of plain spaghetti was placed in front of her lol I did enjoy my pasta but a sauce over it would have made it better. I was very jealous of my brothers pizza as it looked amazing!

I did enjoy my meal here but i think if i came back i would only really ever order the pizzas. Seriously it looked amazing! Funny enough, my mum didn't enjoy her experience of Rossopomodoro! :P
The outside
The inside
My ravioli
Mums plain spaghetti
sarahelaine sarahela…
Rossopomodoro Dec 07, 2010
I came across Rossopomodoro whilst I was looking for somewhere to eat with my

brother and my mum. I had eaten in the Reykjavik branch (and I know how

obnoxious that sentence looks!) and it had been great, so I thought I would give

it a go.

This is a great place to eat with your mum and your brother. There is a good

wine list and a lovely range of pizzas. They are slightly out of the ordinary,

which does force you slightly away from ordering what you always have, but it’s

always good to have to try something new. My brother, who doesn’t like tomatoes

much, was delighted to find a wide range of pizza blanco which are the ones that

don’t have tomatoes on. The wine was great and mum and I enjoyed sharing a

desert, which was really nice.

This is not, by any means, the cheapest place you could eat out. That said, it

isn’t really all that dear either, with two courses and wine coming to around

about £25 per person. The décor is fun and casual without being too loud, and

the staff were really lovely.

Check London Hotel Deals