Roskilde Festival 2011

Roskilde, Denmark

Roskilde Festival 2011 Reviews

tzeder tzeder
What a Festival!! Jul 06, 2011
I have been to Roskilde since 2004, and I must say, this year was one of the greatest! Not because of the music but because of the people around me.

The festival started Saturday 25 June at 18 o’clock and ended on Sunday 3 July. The music really begins on Thursday but I arrived Tuesday night and was ready to party. :)

On Thursday artists like Tame Impala, Foals and Iron Maiden played. First Tame Impala, they were such a disappointment. I really like their albums, but they were so boring live and the sound was really bad. Then I went to see Foals. What a concert! They just played their asses off! Everything just worked, and they really got to the crowd.

My last concert that evening was the mighty Iron Maiden. Nothing else to say about that, than one worst concert ever!

On Friday I went to see artist like; Parkway Drive, Bright Eyes, Charles Bradley, Femi and Seun Kuti, Mastodon, Portishead and Magnetic Man. I can recommend all! :) Especially Femi and Seun Kuti. :)

Saturday! The day I was really looking forward to. The Tallest Man on Earth, OFWGKTA, Artic Monkey, Deadmou5 and The Strokes!! Unfortunately I missed Yelle because she was playing almost at the same time as Strokes, and I really wanted to get into the pit when they played. And what a show, what a concert! One of the best concerts I have ever seen!! Julian Casablancas were on fire, like the rest of The Strokes! A moment I will never forget! :)

On Sunday I was heading home. I was so tired and only wanted to sleep :p But I managed to see Bad Religion, Afrocubism, Big Boi and Graveyard. Big Boi and bad religion failed, but Afrocubism and Graveyard were both really great :)

So if you´re ever in Denmark during The Roskilde Festival give it a try. You won’t get disappointed.

Check Roskilde Hotel Deals