Highway 89 and Park St, Gardiner, MT, USA

Rosie's Gardiner Reviews

IBeeJen IBeeJen
Pricey Vampire-repellent Food May 21, 2010
I attemped to eat at Rosie's one morning but after waiting more than 5 minutes just for someone who worked there to show up and greet me at the 'Wait to Be Seated Sign', I decided to wait til another time. At least I'd had time to appreciate the wood that covered every square inch of the place, including the trim and ceilings...a local told me later that it used to be The Ponderosa and I guess the new owners never redecorated?

On my return trip, I was greeted promptly and overall the service was really good.

I was a little dismayed to find how expensive the food was. Linguini Marinara with a side salad and fresh bread was $14.99. The salad comes pre-sauced with oil and vinegar, but all I could taste was vinegar. Lots and lots of vinegar. The HUGE dish of linguini was topped with thier handmade marinara sauce...which tasted like garlic. Lots and lots and LOTS of garlic. I actually couldn't taste anything BUT garlic. Even the tomatoes were covered up by the garlic. I took most of it with me back to camp, figuring I could scoop off the marinara and doctor the linguini...wouldn't you know, the garlic permeated even the pasta.

I had no complaints with the bread...or the water. The staff was friendly enough and service was prompt.

Check Gardiner Hotel Deals