Roserbergs Hotell och Konferens

Check Rosersberg Hotel Deals

Roserbergs Hotell och Konferens Rosersberg Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place out in the middle of no-where Nov 29, 2010
I was going to a working seminar in Stockholm and the hotel was booked in an area close to Arlanda Airport. The place that was booked for us was named Roserbergs Hotell och Konferens and located at the royal palace in Rosersberg; Rosersbergs Palace. It was freezing cold when I arrived at the airport; it was -14 degrees and there was snow everywhere. The taxi driver was certain that he knew where it was and I was happy for that because I had only the address.

The taxi driver quickly left the motorway and drove out on the small roads and into the white naked wood and I quickly made up my mind that he was not allowed to leave me out there unless I was certain that I was on the right spot. The area was quite beautiful and the endless park in the breathtaking landscape of the lake Mälaren added to the charm of the area even though it all was covered in snow, but it was also a place where one easily could get lost.

When I arrived at the hotel I was quite tired of travelling that day; I had been waiting 8 hours in Copenhagen airport due to a Danish snow storm; I had been transferred from plane to plane and were accepted for take off towards Stockholm after having been in the airport since just before 6 am. When I arrived in Stockholm my luggage was naturally lost and had to be sent to the hotel, so all in all the day could have started better.

The taxi driver dropped me off at one of the doors at the castle and didn’t leave before I gave him the sight that I gave sign at him that it was the right place. Inside I was greeted by some super friendly girls that gave me a key to my room and an introduction to the place. The places looked really nice and I was quite taken but the light areas and the stone work of the place.

The history of the place goes back some years in time; the Oxenstierna family built the palace in the 1630s and it became a royal palace in 1762, when the state gave Rosersberg to King Gustav III's younger brother, prince Karl. King Karl XIV Johan and Queen Desideira spent long, relaxing summers at Rosersberg. Today the manor house is a museum with the best home held in reserve of the Swedish royalties in the 1800s.

The rooms remained almost untouched from 1795-1825, with well-preserved interiors and collections. Rosersberg became the missing link between the Gustavian era and the first of the Bernadottes.

Rosersbergs Hotell och Konferens started in a small scale in 2008 and had the pleasure to use some parts of the palace for its hotel and conference activities; and no matter what it is quite unique to have a hotel in a Swedish Royal Palace. The hotel and conference is situated in four wings of the Palace and in an annex next to the Palace; the hotel opened officially in the beginning of year 2009.

The hotels 58 rooms are situated in two of the palaces wings and in an annex close to the palace; here I was given one of the a room in the building named Källarbacken (The hill of the cellar). Källarbacken is situated above the palaces stable some 200 meters away from the main entrance; Källarbacken was formerly the ice cellar of the Palace but today it is as a building of the classicism from the late 50ths and all rooms were recently renovated (in the beginning of 2009). The rooms are designed in collaboration with the famous interior store Svenskt Tenn with their classic textiles and furniture’s of Josef Frank.

My room was quite okay and it was easy to make warm; which was not the fact for the rest of the castle that was quite cold some times. The room was nice and simple; the bed was good and the bathroom was quite large as well.

Besides the fabulous surroundings one of the best features of this place is their restaurant. The food turned out to be magnificent and the food was a great combination of traditional Swedish country food together by means of global influences. I had both a traditional Swedish Christmas dinner and a wonderful lunch at the place and I was much more than just pleased.
Inside my room
The bed
The bathroom
The hall in front of my room

Check Rosersberg Hotel Deals