Rasnov, Romania
0268 419 870

Compare Râsnov Hotel Rates (2km away)

Rosenau Rasnov Reviews

Vioweil Vioweil
Rosenau - rural pension May 24, 2012
Like perhaps it happens everywhere else in the world, in the small villages of Romania there aren`t any hotels but rural pensions. Usually those pensions do not reach the high standards of a hotel, and very rare they are rated with more than 4 stars.

As it was late in the evening (almost 08.00 PM), it was raining, and I was pretty tired after spending a whole day wandering on the mountains, and then driving almost 2 hours through the serpentines, I`ve stopped the car in front of the first rural pension I have seen.

Rosenau Pension is situated in the German part of Romania, in Rasnov village. It is a 3-star rural pension with a very good location, right at the bottom of the medieval fortress of Rasnov.

The young girl at the reception desk was very kind, she offered me lots of different maps with local touristic routes, and then in less than 5 minutes I was already in my room. The room was big, had a matrimonial bed, and was decently equipped with all nnecessary amenities but nothing sophisticated. Bed was comfy to sleep in, so I slept like a baby until next day in the morning.

From my window I could see the medieval fortress of Rasnov, which is situated on a hill and replicates the Hollywood model in the way it`s marked with an illuminated panel.

Next day, latest at 12.00 o`clock I should have done my check out and leave the pension. But due to the fact that I`ve got lost in a cave (see Transylvania blog), I`ve returned 2 hours later, respectively at 14.00 PM. The receptionist didn`t say a single word about me being late, and when I`ve started to appologize, she kindly stopped me saying it`s not a big deal, and that she is glad that nothing serious happened to me in that cave.

I felt well in this small pension, I loved the location, and the amount of 18 euro I`ve paid for a night (prices in the area are between 15-25 euro/night without breakfast) was insignificant.
westwind57 says:
quite a good bargain and from the photo's it looks quite decent :)
Posted on: May 31, 2012
pilgrim68 says:
Looks nice :-)
Posted on: May 30, 2012

Compare Râsnov Hotel Rates (2km away)

Rasnov Map