Rosemount House B&B

Check Wexford Hotel Deals

Rosemount House B&B Wexford Reviews

saltypepper022 saltypep…
Far From Satisfactory - Never Again Feb 23, 2010
Upon arrival, we were greeted by a young lad who helped us with our bags to our room. The room was nice with a four-poster bed and a view overlooking a pleasant garden with a pond, bird-feeders, shrubs & plants with a backdrop of trees. All was well, so we made the grave mistake of paying in advance for our stay (by cash - ooops!!) Exhausted from our travels we had an early night. I awoke next morning at 5.15am. By 6am I decided to creep down to have a cigarette. At 7am my partner woke up and did the same. 8am I went down to ask for some more milk. I could hear movement from the kitchens so headed that way and overheard a woman saying "I might say something to them as I think its selfish going in & out all night smoking...." Furiously I went up and told my partner what I'd heard. It later became clear that we were the only ones staying there so it's a fair assumption that she had been talking about us, though in my opinion, it doesn't matter who she was talking about - if you run a B&B, you should expect guests to be going out for a smoke.... and coming back drunk for that matter!!! (neither of us drink so she didn't have that to moan about with us). The face behind the voice greeted us pleasantly at breakfast and said nothing about her qualms with us having kept the entire town awake all night. Breakfast was minimal with the Black & White Pudding non-existent, though at least not burnt to cinders like it was the following morning. At the weekend, a "No Vacancies" sign appeard on the door. The plastic flowers in the hallway had been replaced with lovely red roses and, amazingly, the heating came on in the morning. Believe me, I could go on..... and on and on and on!!!! Suffice to say, this B&B was so bad we ended up losing money by staying on at a local hotel my partner had booked for Valentines Evening, rather than go back there and have her ruin our Valentines/Engagement Holiday any further. These people are a letdown to the kind, jolly, friendly, welcoming reputation that the Irish are well-known for. They are only interested in your money....... BE WARNED!!!!!!

Check Wexford Hotel Deals