Roscoe's Chicken And Waffles

1518 North Gower Street Hollywood, Hollywood, CA, USA

Roscoe's Chicken And Waffles Hollywood Reviews

hollywoodinoregon hollywoo…
tasty but not geared for vegetarians Jul 17, 2011
went to check out this LA landmark with a big group of coworkers a few months ago. we were thinking we might have to wait a long time to get seated with a big group but there wasnt a wait at all - score! however the greeter was kinda snappy when we first walked it and told us we had to wait outside for our table. no big deal though...

got seated quickly, ordered and got our food fast. it was good but since i am vegetarian i only got a waffle. the fried chicken looked good and my dinnermates enjoyed theirs.

overall, good experience however i don't quite understand what all the hype is about. check it out if you are interested, if you don't make it, don't feel like you missed much(esp. if you're vegetarian like me).
NJTProadcruiser says:
Its chicken and waffles! :)
Posted on: Jul 18, 2011
letsgorightnow letsgori…
It's like eating at home! Jul 20, 2011
This place is always on my list when I visit LA. They are known for their fried chicken and waffles! I must say that the chicken is some of the best I have had when my mom is not cooking! Most people eating there for the first time should get chicken and waffles but they also have good greens and yams!

Check it out!
mellemel8 mellemel8
Aug 04, 2006
The BEST! Chicken and Waffles sounds like a weird combo, but it's really great. I don't even like waffles, but I crave these. I don't know what the secret is, but they taste like heaven. The chicken is perfect, especially smothered in gravy. Highly recommended. The restaurant is small, so expect a wait if you go during peak hours. It's worth it, though. Quick Service, Great Food, Friendly Atmosphere. It's kind of a small place. You may feel jammed. i always order fried chicken with buckwheat waffles. my fave.

California-based soul food restaurant chain founded by Herb Hudson, a Harlem native, in 1976. It is best known, as the name states, for serving chicken and waffles, both together and separately, although they do offer more traditional menu items as well.

A fictional version of the restaurant is featured prominently in the 1988 film Tapeheads.

In 2004, a comedy film was released by the same name starring Glenn Plummer, Anthony Johnson, and Clifton Powell.
bschooled says:
That's crazy! chicken and waffles...we never get stuff like that in canada...I am going to make a trip there just to try it!
Posted on: Nov 26, 2008
yarasil says:
Gotta love Roscoe's!!!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2008
cneoridium says:
That's where I'd heard if it... your review!
Posted on: Dec 12, 2007