Rosa's Bed & Breakfast

Check Kingston Hotel Deals

Rosa's Bed & Breakfast Kingston Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Nice B & B on a Cool day Jul 06, 2012
My buddy & I booked Rosa's for our 2 day stint in Kingston, which was part of our longer road trip around Lake Ontario. We booked it through Booking.com and the information they had was not exactly accurate. It said it was walking distance to the downtown, which would have been about a 30 minute walk. In the heat that wasn't happening. It also said it provided air-conditioning. The kitchen/breakfast area was air-conditioned but the rooms were not, only fans. I explained this discrepency with the B&B owner and she explained that she was having issues with Booking.com. Anyway, we arrived in Kingston amid record heat, so the lack of A/C was very annoying to say the least. The owner was very apologetic and even reduced the price of the suite for the night. She also pumped up the A/C on the ground floor and had fans on all over the place to guide the cool air up to our 3rd floor suite. Nice effort at least, although it was still bloody hot up there. The suite itself was very nice, with comfortable beds in nice rooms. The bathroom was absolutely lovely, one of the best I'd seen. There was a small pool in the backyard which we could have cooled off in. Breakfast was very good: organic eggs, fresh fruit, cheese. The second night we were there it was considerable cooler and the fans worked out just fine. Her eagerness to make us feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation was endearing. If Kingston was experiencing its normally cooler weather I'm sure this would have been a glowing review.

Check Kingston Hotel Deals