153 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD, USA
Rosa Mexicano - The Awakening
Rosa Mexicano - Rosa Mexicano
Rosa Mexicano - Rosa Mexicano
Rosa Mexicano - Mole Xico (Two beef enchiladas in Mole sauce.)
Rosa Mexicano - Rosa Mexicano at National Harbor
Rosa Mexicano - Rosa Mexicano at National Harbor

Rosa Mexicano National Harbor Reviews

Zagnut66 Zagnut66
Rosa Mexicano Nov 05, 2013
A solid Mexican restaurant at National Harbor. Guacamole en Molcajete was prepared at our table with tortilla chips and two types of salsa. You can order your guacamole plain, mild, or hot. We chose the mild version which had a bit of a kick, but not enough to force you to gulp water.

I ordered the beef enchiladas while my buddy tried the cheese enchaladas off of the lunch menu. Both came with refried black beans and rice. It was a good meal, nothing spectacular but still tasty and fillng. They serve various fruit-flavored sodas from Mexico if you want to skip the alcohol. I tried Mexican Coke, basically Coca Cola that was bottled in Mexico. It tasted just like every other bottle of Coke I've had, so don't expect anything unique.

The restaurant overlooks the Potomac River with some nice window views. Be sure to check out The Awakening sculpture just outside, a giant sleeping figure emerging from the sand.
The Awakening
Andy99 Andy99
Something different in Mexican food. Apr 30, 2011
Rosa Mexicano is an attractive Mexican restaurant in the National Harbor development on the Potomac River. The menu looked very interesting and Susan and I stopped in for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We had a table overlooking the river.

I ordered the Mole Xico, two chipolte beef enchiladas with Veracruz-style mole sauce. (I always fall for mole when available and which I had last enjoyed in Los Angeles. Rosa's mole sauce was quite different, with more of of distinctive chocolate taste and less spicy.) Excellent! Rice and refried black beans sides were served separately. Susan ordered an Ensalada Cobb, a Cobb Salad, but with chorizo sausage and an an avocado-dill dressing.

The servers do push one to order a Guacamole en Molcajete appetizer, a house specialty. As we observed this is prepared at one's table from whole avocados. It was a bit much for two and $12, but with a party of three or four I'd definitely try it. (As a result of the emphasis on the guacamole appetizer, the servers are slow to bring the complimentary tortilla chips and salsa.)

Very good!
Rosa Mexicano at National Harbor
Mole Xico (Two beef enchiladas in …
Rosa Mexicano at National Harbor
dahling says:
Looks soooo yummy, I miss mexican food very much..
Congrats on being featured
Posted on: May 06, 2011
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review... while reading it I am hungry:D
Posted on: May 05, 2011
Lord_Mike says:
Andy, congrats on your feature today!!!
Posted on: May 05, 2011
HuBison HuBison
Great service and lavish surroundings Aug 24, 2009
Rosa Mexicano of National Harbor is a new building, so it's really pretty in there. The menu is limited, but there are also a variety of menu items ranging from $17-$28. They boast making fresh guacamole right in front of you, but it's not just for one person.

The dessert was good and all of their food is presently in a lavish and decorative style. The front desk staff is super-attentive and made my friend's birthday all is could be. Sitting inside on a hot summer day near the window gives you a perfect view of the Harbor and on a nice cool evening, I'm sure it'd be great to eat outside.

Check National Harbor Hotel Deals