Rory's Guest House Phnom Penh

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals

Rory's Guest House Phnom Penh Reviews

jeffisontravel jeffison…
Can you say a fun place that is dirt cheap? Nov 21, 2009
This is a back-packer location. I've almost always stayed in five star hotels, but am currently dating a hippy who insists on staying in interesting places. We paid $85 for three nights, which actually would have been half if one of us wasn't there (they charge per person). This included a balcony as well, which I think added about $20 to the cost but well worth it. It was pretty ghetto, but not intimidating. The owner is a really nice guy, and walking through the bar that lines the entrance to the guest house is an interesting way of meeting locals that might give you a gold-mine of tips that would be benificial if you were not already familiar with the area. Only complaints that hippy girlfriend had was there was mold on the wall. I didn't even notice that, but I did notice a padlock on the balcony with the 2nd room key to open it, a shower/bathroom closet area all inclusive, and a bed that looked like it was designed for a 6 year old child (wasn't micky on the comforter, but close). Now why I am giving this 5 stars. It was cheap, and wasn't that bad. If you read my other reviews you will know I hate being screwed on ammenities, and this place doesn't do that to you. There was a mini-bar with liquor and snacks and other things, but I wasn't charged for anything I consumed. The bar downstairs serves good food and is open really late, so there isn't a need to spend much money here. Be warned, everyone here is friendly, but if you don't want the random expat that hangs out at the bar at 8am tanked and smoking a joint commenting on your wife's behind, best not choose this place (hell, that could happen anywhere I guess). I would absolutely return here, and I'm a bit pretentious about where I stay, so something here left me with a very favorable impression.

Rory's Guest House Phnom Penh Overview

Rory's Guesthouse has an ideal location, facing the National Museum and Royal Palace and only a short walk to the riverfront. The rooms range in price from a single room with ac, ensuite, cable tv and fridge for USD14 to a room with a King size bed, Private balcony facing the Royal palace, ensuite, ac, fan, cable tv, fridge, tea coffee for USD30, all rooms have FREE WIFI access. The restaurant and pub downstairs offers an extensive food and drink menu and is open from 7:00 am to 2 am Friday Saturday and 7:00am to 12pm weekdays. Food includes over 100 menu items ranging from variety of pies, fish and chips, all day breakfast to traditional Khmer food like Fish Amok or Luk Lak. Happy hour is daily from 4pm to 7pm Draught Beer $1

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals