15867 Beaver Marsh Road, Mount Vernon, WA, USA
(360) 424-8531

Roozengaarde Mount Vernon Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Another year, same old brilliance! Apr 17, 2015
The tulip festival has become a regular Spring ritual for us Pacific Northwesterners. I moved here five years ago and the first time I attended it, it was more for the tourist sake of it. But ever since I bought my DSLR, I've learned to appreciate and enhance my photog skills more and more. Besides which, what I once saw as touristy and cheesy, I now proudly wear as one of the few global attractions in my "home" (well, at least for now) state.

This year, Sandhya couldn't join, but my parents did. They flew in from India and timed their trip to make the tulip fest (unlike previous years when they'd fly in during the summer).

There are several farms in the Skagit Valley area where the tulips bloom (and the owners recognise the tourist-sucker value), but the best of them all is the cheesily named Roozengaarde. The farm is huge, and is enveloped between the brilliant mountain ranges on one side, and never ending fields on the other. It's basically Holland with a more dramatic scenery.

We were thinking it would be a hit and miss this year as well, as the winter ended earlier than normal, and the Spring has been hotter than normal.
Probably the photo of this trip!
A typical sunny Spring day in N Wa…
Another shot of the tulips
anupa_rk says:
Beautiful pictures, as always. Next year..for sure.. I need to plan a trip for this!
Posted on: May 20, 2015
cotton_foam says:
dreaming of seeing it one day...
Posted on: Apr 20, 2015