Roots and Boots

Roots and Boots Rates and Deals

Roots and Boots Santiago de Compostela Reviews

Pepe_P Pepe_P
Great hostel for backpackers Sep 12, 2011
I spent a night in this greatly situated hostel (a five minutes walk from the Cathedral), and I couldn't have felt more at home!

I had a beautiful view at the famous Cathedral from my room (actually even from my bed) and met a lot of very nice travellers!

For staying at this hostel it doesn't matter if you are officially travelling along the "Camino de Santiago" as a pilgrim or just backpacking without a pilgrim's license. I assume that it's cheaper if you have a pilgrim's license, I didn't have one.

I don't recall the exact price, but it must have been something about 12-15 € / night in a dormitory room. The price doesn't include any breakfast, but the hostel has a nice kitchen where you can prepare your own meals.

I got to know other travellers (in the kitchen, the common room or roommates) and made a trip with them to "Finesterre". I can only recommend a trip to the socalled "end of the world", it's really impressive! The receptionist even organized a guide for us, a really nice guy who drove us there, showed us around and told us a lot of interesting and funny facts and myths about the region! For about 20 €, cheaper and funnier than with the big touristic travelling companies! Ask the receptionist about the guide, his name is Álvaro.

They have WiFi and computers with internet access. Not included in the price though, typical coin system for internet access. But it's affordable.

Even though I only spent one night there, they allowed me to deposit my luggage there the whole second day. I also cooked dinner using the hostels kitchen with my new friends although I wasn't staying in the hostel for the following night; wasn't a problem!

I heard a traveller asking if they let her use their shower although she didn't stay in the hostel, they did.

All in all, really a place where they are trying to make you feel at home and do their best to help you. Of course it's not a luxury hotel, but if you are e. g. a backpacker and looking for nice place to stay, I can recommend this hostel!

Check Roots and Boots Rates and Deals