Saint Louis, Missouri - (314) 241-8118
Rooster - Mmmm... the first bite!
Rooster - Mmmm... the first bite!
Rooster - The chocolate chip-nutella pancakes.
Rooster - The chocolate chip-nutella pancakes.

Rooster Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Pancakes for Lunch! Nov 29, 2009
Rooster is a breakfast/brunch restaurant in downtown St. Louis. I had wanted to check it out for awhile, and spur of the moment - went this past Saturday. Since I was by myself, I sat at the bar, but I should've gone ahead and entered into the larger dining area (the restaurant is actually set up kind of awkward, I thought). I went specifically for pancakes (only my favorite thing to eat, and I'm on a quest to find the best pancakes EVER), but contemplated crepes since that is what seemed to be their signature dish (and quite a few, savory and sweet, to choose from). So I asked the waitress what she would recommend: pancakes or crepes. And she said their pancakes were really good. The, still debating what kind to get, I asked nutella or chocolate chip? She suggested I get both. MMM. My chocolate chip pancakes came, three on a plate, drizzled with nutella and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Mmmm...mmmm...mmmm. The nutella provided just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the pancakes. And, they stayed warm the entire time I ate. Even though these were quite good, I must say I'm still on my quest for the best. And, I do wish I'd tried the crepes -- I guess I'll just have to go back!
The chocolate chip-nutella pancake…
Mmmm... the first bite!
Africancrab says:
Nice review, thanks for sharing. I love nutella, but my daughter would eat the whole can if I bought one, so we stay away from the temptation.
Posted on: Mar 05, 2010