Junction of King Street and Spring Gardens, Manchester, United Kingdom

Room Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Room - Cocktail Hour Sep 23, 2011
Room is a cocktail bar and restaurant in the centre of Manchester, which has a fairly good happy hour after work on week nights. I am reviewing it as a bar – I didn’t eat, which turned out to be something of an error because if you start on the cocktails at 5.30 and don’t eat then the next day is a bit painful.

Midweek, when I went, it is busy and has a really buzzy feeling to it, with the clientele a mixture of fashionable young things with big hair and office workers in the process of realising that they are badly underdressed. The décor is a pleasant mix of high dark wood ceilings and enormous red light fittings, and there are plenty of places to sit if you get there early enough. As of September 2011, happy hour has deals with cocktails (including bramble, which is essentially a blackberry and lemon flavoured gin and tonic) at £4.50, wine by the glass at about £2.50 and beer at roughly the same, which is excellent value for a city centre location. After 8pm the crowd things out and the prices go back up to about £8 for cocktails and £4-5 for wine. The bar staff were excellent, the toilets were spotless, and the queue for the bar moved fast despite the crowds. Get here early or late if you want a seat, as around 6pm the place is standing room only.

Related Travel Blogs About Room

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…room. Great, I thought, another pointless meeting.   I could predict the out come before it even began. I would sit down, be bombard with random questions, mainly irrelevant ones…
I have come to the conclusion that the city of Manchester is lost. Although the city began the industrial revolution with the first factory, first railway station, miles of rail lines and a skyline b…Manchester Suite, a large rectangular room above the stands. The food and wine banquet was good. We were in the room

Check Manchester Hotel Deals