Rombo Greenview Hotel

Check Dar es Salaam Hotel Deals

Rombo Greenview Hotel Dar es Salaam Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Average hotel, but cheap & convenient Sep 17, 2011
I stayed at the Rombo Greenview Hotel for one night since it was located in the vicinity of the Dar es Salaam airport (~20 minutes by taxi). A friend of my traveling companions, who lives in Dar es Salaam, picked us up at the Ferry, where we had arrived from Zanzibar, and drove us to this hotel so we would not have far to go to catch an early flight in the morning. In this respect, it was a good choice and the price was fairly cheap too (~$40 USD). Otherwise, I can't think of any other reasons I might have stayed here.

The intersection that it is located near (Shekilango and Morogoro Roads) it quite busy with traffic and people and noise, but such is Dar es Salaam in general too. I would just say it's probably not the type of place I would go out walking around by myself. I don't have any reason, based on my experience, to say it wouldn't be safe, but just base this on the density of activity. If I were interested in tourism I don't think I would stay here for this reason, but for a stay over one night, to meet a flight in the morning, it seemed fine. We arranged for a taxi to come early, but I didn't particularly like the price, but this is not the fault of the hotel.

The Hotel has 59 rooms (5 are suites, 26 executive doubles and 28 superior singles). I stayed in a single, but wouldn't exactly say there was anything superior about it. It was clean enough, though a bit warm & stuffy inside until the air conditioner got going. My AC had a curious malfunction with the controls (or user error), but the hotel was quick to correct the problem, so I give them some extra points on good service. The bathroom was clean enough, rather small and cramped to my liking and nothing special really. The room did have a small television too and not just for show, but actually worked.

There was a wedding reception going on in the hotel, so it was a bit noisy. There are also some clubs on the street level that play some really loud, but good sounding music. They actually looked fun to visit if I was not so tired and had an early flight the next morning. There is a restaurant in the hotel, and while the food is ok, it is nothing special either. Overall, a pretty average place I would say. It's cheap price and convenience to the airport is what I can recommend it for, but little else I think - quite average.
Hotel van