Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims

Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims Rates and Deals

Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Feeling romantic in Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims! Mar 02, 2015
It was our 1st wedding anniversary so we thought we ought to celebrate it. It is winter time so naturally the option would be to go to the Mountains. This was my first experience in the Swiss Mountains during winter. As hotels in the Mountains are pretty expensive and you always have to book way in advance as this is the ski season. In the end, we found this hotel which is expensive as expected at approx. CHF400 a night. Romantic it certainly is (it is pink!) as this is also a historical hotel run by a family for generations.

Our room was located on the 3rd floor. The foyer and walk-way of each floor is nicely decorated with decorative items of yesteryear. Mind you, Albert Einstein once stayed here with his wife! (see picture) And so do olden days European aristocrats. We read about a family (3 generations) that have been returning to this hotel every year for 30 years in the hotel booklet.

As much as I would to “dress up” as elegant like “a Lady” in this hotel, I was just feeling too damn cold. The guests are basically well dressed here. I think we are the only ones going around in hoodies and ski pants and boots lol! The heater works fine in the hotel, it is just that I am not used to the cold outside thus I was still shivering when we are inside. Located within walking distance to the bus stop and they are plenty of restaurants nearby, I would say location is pretty good.

Our room was pleasantly decorated with white furniture. We have a balcony with a view. It is not a very big room but it gives enough walking space. There is a Sauna and an indoor pool at the basement. There is also a massage/ spa within the hotel but unfortunately there is only 1 masseur which I find pretty odd therefore we could not arrange for a couple spa. The spa have their own lotion & room reed diffuser placed near the pool for guests to use (I like the smell of the lotion!) You can buy the room reed diffuser from the reception.

Breakfast spread was very good. At every table there is a name card stating “Mr & Mrs X” (Herr und Frau X). The breakfast hall was huge but we were placed on a private section with only another couple in the room. They have home-made jam and butter which taste delicious. (they should sell I just love the mountain butter so cutely cut!) I really love the waffles freshly made by the young chef. We get a pot of coffee or tea each and we also had Prosecco! Free-flow Champagne breakfast! I felt it was just right since we are celebrating our wedding anniversary that morning! The staff at the breakfast was kind and they spoke English to me (seeing that I am Asian, and the only Asian in the entire breakfast hall or hotel!) even though I understood German but I thought that was a nice gesture.

I had also asked for a paracetemol/ aspirin the night before from the reception (I was having a terrible migraine because of the cold air and high altitude when we went sledging). I had to sign a disclaimer form at the reception.

Overall, I like this hotel, particularly the antique decor and its Old World Charm. We got a coupon for CHF20 off the next stay which is nice but definitely not worth much. We also receive complimentary room diffuser (5ml). I joked with my husband about back coming here every year for our anniversary like that family. Who knows we could be the next family lol!
FoxyFauz says:
Thank you everyone on the congrats! Much appreciated xoxo
Posted on: Mar 09, 2015
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured! And happy anniversary!
Posted on: Mar 07, 2015
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Posted on: Mar 07, 2015

Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims Overview

The Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims is located close to a number of ski resorts. Among these are the Laax, Elm, Brigels and the Obersaxen Ski Resorts. Guests can enjoy various winter and summer activities in the area.

There are 50 spacious guest rooms at the Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims. All rooms are outfitted with LCD televisions, minibars, telephones, desks and hair dryers. Guests can choose from Standard Rooms, Superior Rooms and Deluxe Rooms.

The Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Flims provides guests with several leisure and wellness facilities. These include indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a solarium, a Finnish sauna and a massage center. This hotel also offers a meeting/banquet venues, a library, wedding services, a garden and a restaurant.

Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes