Roloff Farms

23985 NW Grossen Dr. Hillsboro, Hillsboro, OR, USA

Roloff Farms Hillsboro Reviews

SuperShan1015 SuperSha…
Little People, Big World from TLC Channel & Pumpkin Patch May 04, 2010
Roloff Farms is the farm run by the Roloff family from TV's "Little People, Big World" show on the TLC Channel.

Roloff Farms is only open during the weekends in October for public visits to their pumpkin patch. It is FREE to get in, but parking is approximately $2. You can buy pumpkins for about 40 cents per pound. I believe now you can take private tours during the week for approximately $300. I did not do the private tour.

There are long lines to buy pumpkins & take the tours they offer, such as hayrides. I did not go on the hayride but other guests I spoke with seemed to enjoy it. The hayrides & farm tours do cost money.

The road driving to Roloff Farms is a 2-lane rural road. It gets backed up heavily with traffic since it is a popular attraction in the area. There are even police officers directing traffic getting into the farm. In my opinion, it was well worth the wait since I really wanted to see the Roloff's in person.

The parking lot is well organized. They have a person on top of a crane with a walkie-talkie to call down to the parking lot attendant on the ground know when parking spaces open up. This makes it more efficient, but you still have to wait a long time to get into the lot.

I saw Matt, Amy, and Jeremy Roloff on my visit. They have a line set up to get a photo with one of the members of the Roloff family (seemed to be on a rotating schedule). I was able to get a photo with Amy Roloff. Matt Roloff was cruising around the property on one of his 4x4 mini trucks.

I went on one of the last weekends in October so the pumpkin patch didn't have a huge amount of pumpkins left. I didn't mind because the whole trip was a novelty experience for me. I still managed to find a few fresh pumpkins & gourds to bring back to my friends' house for a pumpkin carving contest. :)

They also have a Pumpkin Haunted House (not scary) type of attraction which is free. You walk through a miniature house with pumpkin scenes throughout. There is also a reptile/exotic animal exhibit. I can't remember all of the animals except for the giant tortoise.

Roloff Farms is a great place for anyone, especially "Little People, Big World" fans. It is family friendly & also accessible for people who have varying types of disabilities. They sell snacks such as kettle corn and other 'carnival' style treats.

There is also a gift shop where you can buy Roloff-themed items, food, souvenirs, etc.
Entrance to Roloff Farms
Photo with Amy Roloff from "Little…
HuBison says:
Neat review! and great pics!
Posted on: Aug 09, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Roloff Farms

Heading home...........
We awoke to what the weatherman had said would happen.  A mostly cloudy day with the chance of rain.  Which is pretty much what you would expect for weather this time of year.  Summers…Hillsboro we made a stop at the Roloff Farms   where the reality show "Little People Big World" is filmed…

Check Hillsboro Hotel Deals