TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,073 travelers just like you!

Rokerij
Award: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Hometown: Canada
Location: Sherwood Park, Canada
Join Date: April 18, 2010
Contributions: Rokerij has written about 119 places, shared 453 photos, left 99 comments, and smiled 124 times.
Travel Plans
Africa
dream destination
At this point we are looking to do a safari in Kenya and/or Tanzania. We are looking at climbing Kilamanjaro. We are also looking at spending about a week at an all-inclusive resort on the Indian Ocean near Zanzibar.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Profile
I was a Destination Expert on TripAdvisor for multiple destinations, this was until I realized that to be a "good" destination expert you have to be completely useless and repeatedly provide links to similar threads rather than responding to each person as if they were individuals.

I decided to go back to just being a useful contributor, but then realized that the majority of TA users were anal over planners. They take it to a point where they close themselves off to anything that isn't written on their agenda. Anything else is looked down upon. So I decided to try other travel sites.

I made it to TravBuddy and after a few months realized that this site is taking me from one extreme with TripAdvisor to the exact opposite extreme. I find the majority of users on this site travel without any plans or financial certainty. To the point they are missing experiences simply because they don't know about them, can't afford them, or simply have a predetermined and narrow minded view of tourism being evil and therefore any tourist destination is beneath them. Any other ways of going about it is beneath them.

I am in the middle. I plan my trips and know what I want to see in each city. I also leave a lot of room for spontaneity. I have no financial restrictions when I travel, but I also prefer to not over spend.

Unfortunately I haven't found a quality website for my "category". So until I do I will split my time between the two and get the best planning ideas from TripAdvisor and the cheapest and best unplanned routes from TravBuddy.

Update: I found that website www.reddit.com/r/travel

Update2: I want to thank fransglobal for all of his help and advice for my trips. He probably doesn't even realize it, but his advice has been second to none when it comes to traveling. I have been fortunate to find his posts and they have significantly improved my trips and the planning that goes along with that. Thanks again fransglobal.
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2017
planxty says:
I am glad to see you loather the appalling TripAdvisor as much as most of the rest of us. It has no merit whatsoever andis run by a piece of megalomaniac pondlife that I wish all the harm in the world and I do not actively dislike many people.
Posted on: Apr 09, 2017
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2016

Rokerij's Travel Blogs

Random Thoughts
Jul 28, 2010 – Nov 05, 2012
World -› -› …
Just some random thoughts, sometimes about travel, sometimes not.
Overview 8,874 words 0 10 18
South America
Sep 21, 2012 – Oct 26, 2012
Trip #1: Brazil and Argentina.
Overview 7,185 words 31 0 4
Canada
Apr 28, 2010 – Aug 04, 2012
Greatest country on earth.
Overview 9,680 words 113 23 85

Rokerij's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Buenos Aires, Argentina
We arrived here on a night that was absolutely pouring rain. They don't accept reservations past…
Ridiculously Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Buenos Aires, Argentina
My wife and I found this place on Trip Advisor where it had many reviews calling it a cooking cl…
Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Our last night we decided to walk around Palermo for the day before attending 'The Argentine Exp…