Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca

Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca Rates and Deals

Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca Reviews

ben_m ben_m
Bedbugs! Sep 12, 2011
I was attending a conference at Cornell with a friend, and booked a room (two queen beds) at the Rodeway for the nights of Friday and Saturday, September 9th and 10th, 2011. We were initially given room 159, but the room had a pungent sweet smell like an air freshener. We requested an alternate room, and got 152, but this room had the same odor.

We were concerned about toxicity, and met some neighbors in the parking lot. I voiced my concern, and he said it was common for hotels to smell like that, and I got him to smell and confirm. It was late, and all other area hotels were booked, so we accepted it, and Friday night went without incident.

During the day on Saturday we opened the windows to air out the room. Upon returning Saturday night, most of the odor had dissipated. We went to bed, and just as I was falling asleep, I felt something bite my wrist. I flicked it off and turned on the light. A bug was slowly crawling across the sheets, so I lightly squeezed it, killing it without mutilating it. I took photos, went on the Internet, and to my horror it was a perfect match for a bedbug. My friend found another bedbug crawling on his sheets.

I put my bug in a styrofoam cup and brought it to the front desk. The guy looked unsurprised and casually told me there are no available alternate rooms. He said he would refund Saturday night only if we checked out then. (He refused to refund Friday.) As we checked out, he said something which drew a sarcastic chuckle from me. He responded, "You shouldn't laugh. You're lucky I'm giving you a refund because it's past the time I'm allowed to do so."

All the area hotels were booked, so we had to drive all night long back home to Canada. I've spent the past two days trying to disinfect my belongings and my car. I hope I didn't bring them back with me. This has been a costly and traumatic experience.
Bedbug at Rodeway Ithaca
dahling says:
DISGUSTING _ thanks for posting this warning
Posted on: Sep 13, 2011

Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca Overview

Located on Elmira Road, the Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca is off Route 13 near Routes 96 and 79. The hotel is just minutes from downtown Ithaca Commons, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Nearby area attractions include Cayuga Lake and the Ithaca Falls.

There are 35 guest rooms at the Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca. All rooms are equipped with free wireless Internet connections, cable televisions, coffee makers, refrigerators, microwave ovens and telephones with free local calls. Desks, ironing facilities and bathrooms with hair dryers are also included.

The Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca offers complimentary amenities such as wireless Internet access and a Continental breakfast. The hotel also provides a playground, a picnic area with barbecue grills and a gazebo. Guests can park their cars in the on-site car park that can accommodate large vehicles such as buses and trucks.

Rodeway Inn And Suites Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Playground
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Kids Club