Rodeo Drive

Beverly Hills, California

Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills Reviews

irenem irenem
Beverly Hills Jan 23, 2017
We took the number four bus in the direction of Santa Monica and went to Beverly Hills. This took about 40 minutes.

We got off at Santa Monica/Wilshire near the electric fountain. We had a quick look at that then walked towards Carmelita Avenue. We walked along this avenue passed huge, luxurious mansions to the Witch's House.

The Witch's House, is also known as the Spadena House, as the Spadena family were its first residents. The house is located on the corner of Walden Drive and Carmelita Avenue. It was designed by Hollywood art director Harry Oliver, in Storybook architecture style. It was originally built in 1921 in Culver City and was moved to its present location in 1934.

After visiting the Witch's House we walked back to the electric fountain and started strolling through the Beverly Hill Gardens.

Our walk took us through a pretty cactus garden, then to a lovely church where we went inside and listened to part of the service.

When we reached North Rodeo Drive, we walked to number 507 - the O'Niell House. In 1978 art dealer Don O’Neill and his wife, Sandy, decided to remodel their home in the Art Nouveau-style of Antoni Gaudi.

We continued through the gardens passed various sculptures and ended up at the Beverly Hills sign.

I am not really a shopper. In fact I hate shopping and you would not ever find me in a designer store, but despite all this, because it is so famous I took a stroll down Rodeo Drive. I took photos of the designer shops and walked all the way to number 2 Rodeo Drive with its Spanish Steps.
The Witch's House.
O'Niell's House
Rodeo Drive
Beverly Hills.
odiseya says:
That is good! When I travel I try to learn about local public transportation.
irenem says:
We got there by metro and public bus. The public transport isn't as bad as people say.
odiseya says:
So you did independent tour?
Storybook architecture style is news for me. I like it!
JessicaNyquistLA JessicaN…
Pure luxury Jun 06, 2015
Rodeo Drive has always been a place that I have always dreamed of visiting, and I definitely was not disappointed upon seeing it for the first time. This small little street in the heart of Beverly Hills is the epitome of glitz and glamour. The palm tree lined streets are lined with fancy brand name designers like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Bijan, Gucci, Christian Dior, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Fendi, Versace, Lanvin, Bulgari, Dolce and Gabbana, Miu Miu, and Yves Saint Laurent among many others. If you are ever in the area I highly recommend stopping in at this place. It's absolutely beautiful. At least you can say that you walked the famous Rodeo Drive.
ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Just for the fun of it Aug 18, 2011
I had envisioned Rodeo Drive as being a bustling avenue with women dressed to the nines wearing stilettos and uber-metro men, since that's how it's portrayed in all the movies (think Pretty Woman, or one of my favorites, the Mighty Ducks 2). And, although these are super high-end retailers (Cartier, Tiffany's, Prada, etc, etc, etc...) I didn't feel out of place strolling down the street. BUT, I did not shop in any of these stores, either. I know better than that!

For a tourist, though, walking down Rodeo Drive is a definite Beverly Hills must -- just to say you've done it! The street is actually much shorter than I expected, maybe four or five blocks long. We walked it, at our leisure, in less than an hour.
mkarinaa mkarinaa
Rodeo Trap Jun 22, 2011
This is what we call a tourist trap. Think of it as an outside mall, just really expensive. Lots of stores for people who want their name brands.

If you want to do some serious Pretty Woman shopping or see come celebs then swing by here and spend a couple of hours browsing around. However if spending 3000 USD on a pair of shoes is not on your travel budget, I'd say go do something else. If celebs are what you're looking for, just hang out for a couple of hours at any Starbucks in Hollywood and you're bound to spot someone.

Hope this helped.
jenn79 jenn79
Apr 09, 2007
Rodeo Drive is this little, but beautiful street in Beverly Hills. It's got a nice feel to it and a lot of really great shopping goes on within a 4 block radius of it. But it is primarily used for photo ops and outdoor patio dining. Completely touristy, but nice and fun.

My favorite places to visit here (more out of rarity than the establishment) are Jack & Jill's for brunch, Bang & Olufson, United Colors of Benneton, and of COURSE Pinkberry's for their amazing frozen yogurt!! Heck, I've seen Lamborghini's pull to the curb and hop out to get some yogurt.

Also nearby (but south of Wilshire) are Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Faconnable.

Related Travel Blogs About Rodeo Drive

Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive and the XGames
When in Los Angeles one has to check out the posh part of town... so I went to Beverly Hills, and to Rodeo Drive and Wilshire.  Rodeo Drive is very beautiful, Via Rodeo, N. Rodeo and Wilshi…Beverly Hills , and to Rodeo Drive and Wilshire.   Rodeo Drive is very beautiful, Via Rodeo, N. Rodeo and Wilshire…
Dave's tour of LA
Dave took me on a driving tour of LA. The highways of LA can only be described as a maze. I really can’t see how any tourist could ever find their way around without a car and a local to help them …Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive (I wish I had the money to shop there) and to UCLA as he is a student…
Our first meeting in Hollywood...
Los Angeles, originally named El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula (The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of the river of Porziuncola) aka the City…Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Melrose, La Brea Tar Pits, and back to our original location at the Chinese theater.   After…

Check Beverly Hills Hotel Deals