Rockhouse Restaurant

West End Road, Negril, Jamaica

Rockhouse Restaurant Negril Reviews

leah151 leah151
Nov 07, 2007
Perhaps it was because we had just come from Rick's Cafe after five of their cocktail specials and after that much 'juice', even Dominoes Pizza seems gourmet, but the Rockhouse Restaurant was one of my favorite dining experiences in Jamaica. It's definitely a splurge to eat here but well worth it! We started off with the 'Sample Platter for Two' which consists of lobster blaze, crab turnovers, conch fritters, and calamari (see menu: http://www.rockhousehotel.com/assets/pdf/dinner_menu.pdf) for $18 US. Though pricey, this appetizer sampler was absolutely DIVINE! The flavors were rich and every item was perfectly seasoned, making the mouth water for what would come next.

For entrees, I ordered the Coconut Chicken ($12 US) and my dining companion had the Lobster Fussili ($19 US). The chicken was tasty with it's crispy layer of shredded coconut and the accompanying pineapple relish. We shared our entrees in order to be able to sample some of what each of us ordered. It is also an understatement to say the lobster was scrumptious! Based on the food we tried, I'm certain every dish on the menu is delectable. They also have a full international wine list and a variety of island-inspired cocktails such as the 'Big Bamboo' that we tried. The 'Big Bamboo' could do some 'big damage' if you aren't careful; they don't skimp on the spirits in their beverages.

The Rockhouse is also the place to go if you're looking for the ultimate romantic setting. I only wish I had been there with a sweetie, it doesn't get more alluring than this. If you are seated at one of the tables on the cliff's patio, the ocean laps against the rocks below as the glow of a tiki torch lighting the scene creates a seductive mood and adds to the ambience while reggae plays in the background.

If you're looking for gourmet Jamaican dining and a fabulous atmosphere, you'll get your money's worth here!
Rockhouse Restaurant (stock photo)

Check Negril Hotel Deals