Rock City

1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, GA, USA

Rock City Lookout Mountain Reviews

Cho Cho
Rock City Rocks! Oct 22, 2015
Last year we went on a road trip to the states of Georgia and Tennessee. One of the places we stopped was Rock City which is a well known tourist attraction, located near the city of Chattanooga in Tennessee.

Chattanooga itself is quite famous for the old jazz/swing classic "Chattanooga Choo Choo." More about Chattanooga in another review.

Going back to Rock City; it is actually situated at the top of beautiful Lookout Mountain in the state of Georgia. From the summit of this mountain you can enjoy spectacular views and fresh air. As such, the main attractions at Rock City are focused on nature with emphasis on the ancient rock formations. However, there are lots of other things to see and do which includes exploring caverns, hiking trails, a 90-foot (27 meters) waterfall, an 180-foot (55 meters) suspension bridge, etc., etc.

I believe you can hike all the way up to Lookout Mountain but that's only for the most intrepid travelers. For us, we just drove up the winding road to the top!

We bought a double play admission for both Rock City and Ruby Falls (separate review to be posted later). I think it was $35 per person which I felt was worth it for all the fun-filled attractions the two places had to offer.

We started our tour at the Enchanted Trail and walked our way up to the highest point of the mountain. This vantage point provides panoramic views of the Chattanooga Valley, and Lover’s Leap (where it is possible to see seven states: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Kentucky).

In the captioned photos that follow, I will try to be as descriptive as possible. so you will have an idea of what we saw. Rock City is a family-friendly place, and both adults and kids are going to enjoy this true marvel of natural beauty and wonders.
Welcome sign at entrance to Rock C…
Ticket office at Rock City
Entrance to the Enchanted Trail
Pathway at start of the Enchanted …
Cho says:
@Em: Yes, it certainly is. I love nature.
EmEm says:
It's a very beautiful natural and historical place; gnomes are suficient.
Cho says:
Yes, but I couldn't make out which state was which or where!

Check Lookout Mountain Hotel Deals