Rock Billy bar/cafe/restaurant

www.geckcafe.net - 04 66 57 56 54

Rock Billy bar/cafe/restaurant Hanoi Reviews

patriot4311 patriot4…
Awesome food, unknown place Sep 26, 2010
Rock Billy cafe was discoverd by accident, while trying to find another cafe that was listed in the Lonely Planet guidbook. (I was hungry and didn't want to hunt down a local place, and just sort of stumbled accross this Rock Billy Cafe).

After looking at the menu and seeing that the prices were average/cheap/in my price range, I was a bit surprised to walk in. In that, to enter, you have to walk up this narrow staircase painted pink with small red Christmas lights everywhere and "american" rock band posters adorning the walls. It was cool :)

The drinks were actually cheap (mind you, I usually order lemon juice before 12pm), and the food options were varied; from local Vietnamese dishes, to Thai and Italian pasta/pizza, to "american" food (such as burgers and so forth). We ordered the fresh spring rolls, squid with onion and ginger, and the grilled chicken in black pepper sauce. The food was really amazing, completely fresh and came with rice and vegetables at no extra charge. What surprised me the most was the quantity of food, or the portions. I spent a few weeks in Vietnam and ate at many restaurants, and this was by far the largest portions: enough to fill me up, and didn't leave me hungry. And I have to say, again, that the food was very fresh.

I don't usually write a lot of reviews, unless the restaurant/hotel/hostel/etc. really stands out from everywhere else I have been. And this restaurant was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting excellent local quisine.

In addition, the music was pretty good. A mixture of classic and modern rock and pop.

Lastly, the staff was excellent and spoke decent english (more than "average" I would say).

Check Hanoi Hotel Deals