Rochdale Town Hall

The Esplanade, Rochdale, United Kingdom

Rochdale Town Hall Reviews

Katie_Cupcake Katie_Cu…
Grade One town Hall Aug 15, 2012
Rochdale is not the nicest of places, I know this simply because I have lived in this area all my life. So it is nice to have one building with amazing architecture and grade one listed.

I have been in the Rochdale Town hall so many times now, visiting and playing in music festivals and tours with school too. Rochdale town hall is a lovely building and one of which with great architecture in fact it is one of the school visits that prompted me to take up a career as a building surveyor.

The town hall has a number of event suites and rooms all of which are maintained to a high standard for all different events. It is also one of the most popular places to hold your wedding ( although I wouldn't count on it being a dry day because Rochdale tends to rain a lot!)

They also do guided tours although I would definitely ring before turning up to check they are still running. they are fairly cheap and reasonable to attend i think around £3.50 / 4.00 mark and are very useful with lots of interesting information.

Within the Town Hall there is also a bistro, although I have never actually eaten in it the prices seem reasonable and I have never heard of any complaints.

If you are in England around Bonfire night there is also normally a good firework display and a fair that takes place behind the Town Hall. Worth seeing if your around, but be aware and watch your bags for pick pockets etc.

Do be aware that parking is limited although there is a large car park next to it, it charges and it is sometimes difficult to get a spot especially if you are attending at weekend as it is adjacent to Rochdale's Shopping Centre.

If you are in to architecture and historic buildings like myself its a place to visit if you are ever passing through. Definitelyy a good place for all you budding photographers as well.

Check Rochdale Hotel Deals