Robineau, Café & Patisserie

Darlington, England
Robineau, Café & Patisserie - Enjoying the strawberry tart.
Robineau, Café & Patisserie - Mother 'being mother' as we celebrate my sister's birthday with Afternoon Tea.
Robineau, Café & Patisserie - My favourite - raspberry and almond meringue - nice and chewy.
Robineau, Café & Patisserie - The front of the shop, 30 min parking on the street directly in front of the shop.

Robineau, Café & Patisserie Darlington Reviews

LindsayA LindsayA
Amazing cakes, worth the visit Aug 10, 2012
Robineau was originally a wedding & celebration cake specialist, which then evolved into a patisserie shop, which then evolved into a café. Bliss :-)

Run by the lovely Jane and Frederic Robineau, this is the place we come when we want to have delicious cakes/lunch/bread or push the boat out and have afternoon tea.

It's not cheap, but in my family's opinion we find it well worth the drive out from our home town and well worth paying that little bit extra for their delights.

Afternoon tea is quintessentially British with sandwiches, scones and cakes. I recommend that you plan this instead of a meal. Good idea to make a booking if it's an 'occasion' that you're celebrating as the café does get busy, but we've never had to wait long for a seat.

Of course once you've eaten their wares you can't resist picking some up from the shop to take home with you. I particularly like the curry bread, the crispy hazelnut square and check out the macaroon flavours which change regularly.
The front of the shop, 30 min park…
Enjoying the strawberry tart.
My favourite - raspberry and almon…
Mother 'being mother' as we celebr…
rsvpme says:
Interesting ..quite actually. !
Posted on: Aug 10, 2012