Robertito's Taco Shop

559) 227-6434

Robertito's Taco Shop Fresno Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
the best carne asada! May 09, 2013
I always see this Mexican fast food restaurant each time we go to Costco Wholesale Club in Fresno but I’m always hesitant to stop by. I always have this doubt food will just be ordinary. Anyway, today I decided to try.

Getting a parking spot is quite a challenge. It’s not because there aren’t enough parking space but because the layout is confusing. Well, after driving around 2 times I managed to get a spot but I had to walk quite a bit.

As soon as I got inside the restaurant I felt a good vibe! The restaurant is colorful (like any other Mexican restaurants) but not overwhelming. There are lots of space in between the dining tables and walkways. However, I noticed a crumpled paper napkin on the floor which is not attractive. The drinking fountain wasn’t keep neatly.

A nice and friendly staff greeted me as I walked towards the counter to place my order. The choices are not overwhelming either so it wasn’t that hard to select what I want. I picked “carne asada burrito” and a tamarind drink. I was curious of the white colored drink. The staff told me it is “rice milk with cinnamon”. She offered me to try but after a sip I didn’t like it, too sweet for me. I chose "tamarind drink" instead.

Waiting didn't take that long. While I wait I took photos of the place. I told the staff I write restaurant reviews thats why. Since then her smiles were non-stop! :-)

Finally I got my carne asada! It’s quite big. And when I took the first bite, boy there is no doubt I can finish this big burrito! The burrito was filled with tidbits of meat; just a hint of onions oozing with guacamole! I’d say the best carne asada I’ve ever had! I really like the smoky, spicy flavor--it was a total joy!

My food cost was $7.00 (with the drink).

Surely, I will go back but with my family next time!
a shot from the entrance door
a shot from where I parked my vehi…
a shot of the carne asada burrito …
colorful!
wandafromtexas says:
love your blog!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Wanda: we have a lot of these kind of places here in Cali! And even more in Texas right?! :)
Posted on: Dec 18, 2013
wandafromtexas says:
sounds like my kind of place!
Posted on: Dec 18, 2013