Roadhouse

Covent Garden Area, London, United Kingdom

Roadhouse London Reviews

DAO DAO
It Rocks! Mar 11, 2017
The Roadhouse rocks! OK, as an American I can use American lingo to describe one of the best dining experiences in London. If you want great food, fantastic service and a vibrant environment, you need to come and enjoy a meal at the Roadhouse. I booked a table on the OpenTable Website

and even received a 50% discount on food. Get in there! When I arrived, I was greeted at the door like a VIP and escorted to my table. The Roadhouse is a bar and nightclub later at night. I had a dinner reservation for 7pm and I can assure you the music levels were pleasant and you can have a

conversation. In fact, the music and atmosphere was perfect to create a really pleasant vibe. My waiter was awesome as well. Greg is a credit to the Roadhouse and waiters everywhere. He made sure that I knew about the 2 for 1 drink deals to get things started. Top man! He took my order, checked on me throughout my meal and made sure that I took advantage of the 2 for 1 drink deals as much as possible. In fact, I got so relaxed I almost missed my train. Greg and all the staff were great and I cannot recommend eating and drinking at the Roadhouse enough. The menu is definitely ‘American’ with lots of Tex­Mex options. They have some great options for starters including what they call ‘Small Bites’. You can get great dishes like Jalapeño Cream Cheese Peppers and BBQ Chicken Wings on deals of 3 dishes or 5 dishes for a discounted price. The main dishes include

Burgers, Sandwiches, Fajitas, Steaks, Combos and Salads with side orders like Cajun Onion Rings and

Cheesy Chips. Essentially all 4 of the American food groups are served: meat, beer, nachos and more

meat.

Let me describe my first meal here. I started with the Chicken Fajita Nachos . On the menu its says ‘for 2 people sharing’. No way! I was not about to share this slice of heaven with anyone. This was served with large, moist, chunks of chicken with jalapeños and roasted peppers. They put the guacamole, salsa and sour cream somewhat on the side so you can mix it all to absolute perfection.

My main meal was the absolutely mouth­watering New York Melt. The menu describes this as “Our 8oz sirloin loaded with sautéed mushrooms, caramelised onions and melted cheese. All served with a choice of french fries or mash potatoes, peppercorn or red wine sauce & salad garnish”. I ordered this rare and it was perfection on a plate.

This was all washed down with some 2 for 1 Amstel beers. A great meal, a great deal and a great

experience.

AWESOME !

UPDATE: I have eaten here 2 more times since my first visit. Always booked on OpenTable, always got a discount, always had a wonderful experience!

If you want a drink or 3, they have:

HAPPY HOURS:

Monday – Friday 2 for 1 from 5.30pm ­ 7.30pm

Saturday Happy Hour from 5.30pm ­ 7.30pm

Sundays 2 for 1 from 6.30pm ­ 8.30pm (times may vary on Sunday)

If that doesn’t float your boat – try the FISHBOWLS. These are a massive 50oz drinks with names like

‘Rasberrylicious’. And no, no animals or fish are harmed in the making of these mega drinks.

Please use the OpenTable Website to book your meal and any deal. They have table reservations up to 10pm. After that you will find out what the name of the DJ is or you can check out their cool website. They also have live bands every night, DJ’s up to 3am and even ‘Rockaoke’ if you want to express your inner Aerosmith with a large room full of strangers. Also, make sure you gave a look at their special offers page on their website and ask about the ‘I Love Roadhouse’ Card.
Chokk Chokk
Great place to party at night Jul 05, 2013
I arrived late at the Roadhouse together with TB Greg, it was almost at 1.30 am and we had to do some check questions before we were let in. The entrance door was blocked the by an armada of bouncers, who wanted to see how drunk people were before they let them. We were quite sober and had no problems getting in to met the rest of the TB London meet-up group and luckily we met some of the girls at the bottom of the stair so they could point out where we could met the rest of the group.

I guess that we were close to 20 TBs in there and the club was quite crowded. Greg and I were a bit behind the others so we headed straight for the bar, where we attacked the beers and we also had a load of Jägerbombs. For the few of you who don’t know what a Jägerbomb is, then it is a bomb shot cocktail that was originally mixed by dropping a shot of Jägermeister into a glass of beer but in recent years has become more popular with Red Bull or other energy drinks. In German-speaking countries, it is called a "Turbojäger" or a "Flying Hirsch" (Flying Stag) — where "Flying" is derived from the slogan "Red Bull gives you wings" and "Stag" originates in the Jägermeister logo. A long drink mixed with Jägermeister and Red Bull is called "JägerBull" as it is adopted from Jägermeister and RedBull. In Finland, it is called an "Akkuhappo" (Battery Acid.

We therefore quickly got into the mood. The club was great with good music, and loads of people but it closed already at 3 am and then we all were asked to leave.
Inside
TBs Matt & RJ
smurfbee smurfbee
Nice live music and fantastic decor Apr 02, 2011
Roadhouse is in Covent Garden, so right in the centre of London. There's lots of Underground stations in the area and Trafalgar Square around the corner has many night buses to go home in. The bar/restaurant/club is known for having good live music nights and a selection of DJs. Best check what kind of night is on, don't want to go there if its dubstep night and you were looking for house music. Usually when you're coming from Covent Garden Station there are promoters that give you "free entry before 9pm" leaflets - grab one and make your way over there. As its a restaurant during the day, they're not harsh on dress code but have your ID with you. There aren't as many 18+ peeps here ...more like late twenties and beyond, just in case you're trying to avoid intoxicated teenagers. Definitely recommend this place for decor, music and cocktails (yes they are pricey, but they're pricey everywhere - its London!). Check out their website for a cool video.
The name of the bar above the door.
There are motorbikes, road signs, …
The restaurant part has American d…
It does get very busy on the weeke…
worldoyster28 worldoys…
Brilliant night out Jan 25, 2011
Awesome venue, done in an almost american dinner style. Certain nights a mixture of a band will perform and then follwed by a DJ to the early hours of the morning, so a wide taste of music catered for. Found the type of people who go here are fun and like a good party. Get in early to avoid hefty cover charge and make sure you have organised transport home when it closes, as buses etc are limited at 4am to other areas of London.

Check London Hotel Deals