Roadhouse Café

Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Roadhouse Café Kathmandu Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Best Pizza in Thamel Jul 28, 2010
My guide book decribed the Roadhouse Cafe as the best place for pizza in Kathmandu and I have to say this is no lie!

It's a rather large café /restaurant with a counter in the front where you can find various cakes, desserts and Baskin Robin's ice cream. In the back there's a small but cosy outdoor courtyard. Here you find also the wood oven and you can observe the pizzas being prepared.

The specialty of the house is wood-fired pizza but the menu also includes pastas, soups, salads, Nepali dishes and plenty of desserts.

I can surely recommend the pizzas, they're huge, at least 30cm in diameter, fresh with a cispy crust and they taste absolutely delicious. Especially the chicken tandoori pizza is worth a try.

I also had a mango lassi on a very hot day without any problems afterwards :-) So I guess you can say they're food and drinks are perfectly safe!

The Roadhouse Café is mostly visited by foreigners but I am pretty sure this is because of the rather high prices; at least for Nepali standards. Nonetheless the food is surely worth the money

The restaurant also features WiFi, but I am not sure of this is free of charge.

So if you miss Western style food and want it to be as delicious as at home, this surely is the place to be!

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals