Rivonia Road Lodge

Check Johannesburg Hotel Deals

Rivonia Road Lodge Johannesburg Reviews

maithanfear maithanf…
Functional Oct 01, 2010
This is a basic but functional hotel. I stayed here on two nights one prior to a organised tour and one night after before moving on to Cape town. The rooms are small and probably not ideal for family although they may have family size rooms. They have a weird ensuite set-up. There is a sliding door between the bed room and toilet but the shower steps out into the main room offering little privacy. It was fine for me though and functional for my needs.

Because I was an early arrival my room wasn't ready when I arrived but the staff got it ready pretty promptly. The staff are friendly and offer advise on the area and safety. They also organised an airport transfer for me.

One draw back is you need a car to get anywhere worth seeing. The area around the hotel is fine during the day. However it is not advisable to walk alone at night. There are plenty of places to eat withing walking distance but if at night get a taxi to and from them. They also allow you to order food in. There is no restaurant in the hotel but they do supply a buffet breakfast for R50 which I felt was worth it.

Like I said it's functional and basic for a single traveler who is looking for a place to stop off for a night but I wouldn't use it for a long term base.

Check Johannesburg Hotel Deals