Riverview Hotel Shanghai

Riverview Hotel Shanghai Rates and Deals

Riverview Hotel Shanghai Reviews

Jennyrac Jennyrac
Nice Hotel in a Great Location but with a Weird Policy Oct 23, 2010
This hotel is in a great location, right across it is the harbor for taking cruise boats on Huangpu River. The street behind it directly goes to the main road to Yu Yuan Garden and Cheng Huang Temple, the two famous attractions in Shanghai.

I booked the hotel at 680 Yuan/day for 4 days at www.ctrip.com, total is about 2780Yuan. When I checked in, I was told to put down 4000Yuan deposit first before I get the room key. It was a real surprise since it means that I needed to give 4000 Yuan to the hotel before I even get the key to get in. This was the most ridiculous policy I have ever heard of. I have traveled to so many places and stayed at so many hotels but this was the first time when I was asked to pay much more than I am entitled before I get the room key. I ended up using my credit card and freeze 3500 yuan on the card until I check out, which is a fair game.

The room we have is very clean on the 12th floor with a beautiful river view. The bath and shower are very comfortable, it is like a 4-star hotel. We like the food cooked in the hotel, very authentic Chinese dish at reasonable cost and the food we ordered is delivered to our room within 30 minutes by a very nice and polite staff.
mkrh says:
Good review, with helpful information
Posted on: Oct 19, 2010

Riverview Hotel Shanghai Overview

Set in Huangpu District, the Riverview Hotel Shanghai is a perfect base while in Shanghai. This waterfront hotel offers rooms with a TV, a safe and tea and coffee making facilities. Shanghai city centre is within a short 10 minute drive from the hotel.

The Riverview Hotel Shanghai offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a sauna, conference room(s) and a concierge for its guests. Internet access is available for travellers who need to remain connected while on the road. Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, Customs House and Oriental Pearl Tower are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

Under 10 minutes drive away are some great tourist attractions such as the Nanjing Road, Museum Of Contemporary Art Shanghai and Shanghai Natural History Museum, and conveniently there is complimentary private parking available at the Riverview Hotel Shanghai should you require it. Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA) is a 40 minute drive from the hotel. City God Temple is within a 20 minute walk from the hotel.

Riverview Hotel Amenities

• Computer
  • Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes