Rivertime Ecolodge Resort Vientiane

Rivertime Ecolodge Resort Vientiane Rates and Deals

Rivertime Ecolodge Resort Vientiane Reviews

ak1215 ak1215
A great place to away from reality Jul 26, 2014
I decided to visit Loas in too short time and made me no time to think where to visit.. I surfed the internet and found this Rivertime Resort.. It is situated 29 kilometres north-east of the Lao capital on the south bank of the Nam Ngum river (a tributary of the Mekong). The location is mid-way between Vientiane and the mountainous Phou Khao Kwai National Protected Area (NPA). I think, well.. this is the time to back to nature.. relax and forget about the crapy thing of life..

I had local massage, boat trip and visiting local villiage at day time and non-stop chatting in the floating restaurant with the other 2 people whom I met here and traveled by themselves, too.. we had great time together..so much chatting to rethink about life..

In my opinion, food is great here.. the price is reasonable and delicious..

In addition, the owner and staff are friendly and helpful.. I came with little information of Loas.. Luckily, I stayed here and they are patiently feeding me the info I need.. moreover, they upgraded my accommodation from a bed to a room.. It was nice, but... it was very "the world by yourself" feeling.. a bit scary though.. haha..

Overall, I am glad to stay here.. hopefully, I may come again in the future..

Rivertime Ecolodge Resort Vientiane Overview

The resort’s 12 medium and family-sized lodges each provide views over the river, are moderately priced and comfortably fitted-out to suit the requirements of today’s eco-tourists.

The grounds of Rivertime Resort encompass a beautiful, lovingly-created flower and organic vegetable garden, several acres of old-growth forest, a floating restaurant on the Nam Ngum River, small Internet café, fish ponds, and children’s adventure play area.

The resort offers several trekking trails, cycling trails and guided tours, ranging from a 20 minute stroll through the old growth forest in the resort grounds to half-day local area treks or cycle rides on the resort’s mountain bikes. One or two-day treks through the mountainous primary forests in Phou Khao Kwai National Protected Area are also available, and river tours to the many areas of interest along the Nam Ngum river leave from the Resort at regular intervals.

Homestays in local villages, Lao cooking classes, Lao traditional massage, rice farming experience, ‘baci’ ceremonies, local dance exhibitions, village crafts demonstrations and meals with local villagers are also arranged by the resort. Tours of Vientiane’s most fascinating temples, monasteries, museums and many other sites of interest take guests to the city and local areas in the resort’s minibus.

Rivertime Ecolodge Resort Amenities