Riverside Park, Tuscaloosa AL

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Riverside Park, Tuscaloosa AL - Riverside Old Ship Port
Riverside Park, Tuscaloosa AL - that's Northport -- on the other side of the river
Riverside Park, Tuscaloosa AL - Black Warrior River at sunset
Riverside Park, Tuscaloosa AL - the park
Riverside Park, Tuscaloosa AL - barbecue picnic

Riverside Park, Tuscaloosa AL Reviews

o_dog o_dog
Dec 25, 2007
This park is my best friend in town. It is located behind the University of Alabama northwest side of campus. The park is slightly smaller than other parks in the area, but very beautiful.

The main attraction and advantage of the park is that it is on the bank of the Black Warrior river. There is a concrete platform on the side of the river where you can look over the other side of the river. It used to be an old ship dock.

I love to just sit and read my book on one of the riverside benches. More people usually come during the weekend with their dogs or families. There are grills here and there for picnic.

I used to go more often to the park, almost every weekend, a couple of years ago to grill out with my friends. We had so much fun. And because we are international community on campus, the food was exceptional. I love my Bulgarian friend’s kofta, French friend’s salad and cheese, Romanian friend’s steak, and so forth … ah, I miss them.
Riverside Old Ship Port
that's Northport -- on the other s…
Black Warrior River at sunset