Riverbend Music Festival

Chattanooga, Tennessee

Riverbend Music Festival Chattanooga Reviews

seventy6daytripper seventy6…
Jun 22, 2007
I was going to give this a 5-star rating, but when it said, 'Life-changing experience', I had to reconsider. Though...it was pretty awesome.

Having lived around Chattanooga all my life, I've never had the pleasure of attending this festival. I've always been busy with something, or simply not really caring to go. That all changed this year when word got out to my friends that I'd never been. Needless to say, they weren't having any of that anymore.

The festival is about a week long, this year June 8th-16th. To attend you have to buy a $28 pin. This pin gives you access to the festival for all 8 days, which was a steal. Though they were required to get in, security wasn't exactly tight...I probably could've snuck by in a crowd without a pin and been fine. If you're not a fan of southern...anything, then this probably isn't for you. Me being from the south, I'm not that southern, but southern enough to appreciate the food, culture, and music.

Lemme just say you need to be prepared to see some interesting sites. Depending on which night you go, you could see goth, punk, depressed high school kids + random fans of an up and coming band (Daughtry... he played Saturday night, the 8th), you could see some of the reddest of rednecks ever (watch wear you step, might just slip on some spit!) (Ricky Skaggs, Randy Owen of Alabama), and you could seee some wholesome, moral, family-oriented people (Jars of Clay, Earth, Wind and Fire).

You pay nothing in cash at the concessions. Everything runs by tokens, that you conveniently purchase at the entrance of the festival. A classic, must-have Riverbend food is chicken on a stick, a $7.00 sensation that swept the riverfront community. The festival usually started around 2 or 3 each day and lasted well into the night each night.

All in all, I had a great time. The performers were great, the people were entertaining, and the atmosphere was in typical Chattanooga fashion.
The main stage