Riverbar & Kitchen

71 Eagle St, Brisbane, Australia

Riverbar & Kitchen Brisbane Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Great Vibe but not Great Value Apr 04, 2014
I've been to Riverbar a couple of times now and had different experiences on those two occasions.

The first time I went with my mum and sister when I first came to Brisbane. It was a Friday lunchtime and the atmosphere is excellent. It's very 'outdoorsey' and located in a great spot on the Brisbane river at Eagle St Pier.

On the first occasion I had an amazing salad with peach, basil and fresh buffalo mozzarella which was absolutely stunning. We were not drinking and only had mineral water. The salads were around 20AUD which considering the size and quality I thought was reasonable.

The second occasion I met up with a friend there and decided to have the Beer Battered Flathead with chips. Considering the 28AUD price tag I was expecting something very nice. The fish was very oily and the chips were not particuarly fresh. I've had some brilliant beer battered fish in other places which was not as expensive but much nicer so I was a bit disappointed.

I also had a couple of glasses of wine which was pretty standard price for a restaurant in that sort of location but the size of the glass to me did not match the price.

Overall it's a very nice place to sit and have either a Friday or weekend lunch but the quality does not match the prices. Not the best value.

Check Brisbane Hotel Deals