River Run Rafting & Wilderness Resort

Foresters Falls, Canada

River Run Rafting & Wilderness Resort Foresters Falls Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
Rafting the Ottawa River Aug 09, 2012
I did this many years ago, 2003 and 2002 I think, but just came across some photos so....

This was a great experience! We went as a group of 40 people and stayed on the camping grounds. They are expansive and flat with large fire pits around and trees for the shade lovers. We opted for a full weekend course the first year which was a 12 man boat Saturday and a 6 man boat Sun. The second year we rafted the six man both days.

We arrived Friday morning and left Sunday but I think you where allowed Thursday and Monday as well, might be different now.

Food was offered Saturday(B,L,D) and Sunday(B,L) and was plentiful and well prepared (by ANY camping standards) and served in the roofed, open air kitchen. The toilet facilities were on par with any outdoor resort. There is also a small bar that serves drinks if needed but the BYOB in effect worked just fine for us.

There are cabins and B&B style settings for those that might want a little pampering, while rafting?, something for everyone I guess.

The staff are the BEST. All the guides are the staff for everything else. Cooking, cleaning, serving, etc. They take a deep interest in who you are and are more than willing to play volleyball or just hoist a few with you in their spare time. Being lovers of the outdoors they expect that you are the same, so have fun and just clean up after yourself, no brainer there.

NOW the river, Oh Boy, THE RIVER. On the Ottawa River, with rapids ranging up to class V. For most, thrilling, for non-swimmers like myself, absolutely sh!t your pants scary. But what is life without a few moments of terror. Unlike most rafting places that want to take you down the lazy side of the water, these guys are here to get your blood racing. They will certainly feed your appetite for that adrenaline rush.

Not without safety. There are kayakers everywhere as well as spotters with safety lines and walkies. Not to mention the infamous guide in your boat, who had my full confidence. I am sure the staff has changed a few names but as long as the business is run the same way there is sure to be a great group willing to show their skills to you as they navigate the rapids.

Once through your day, about four hours on the water if I remember correctly, it's just a few minutes paddle and you are back at your beachfront where you can laze around or shower before you get to watch the very well produced video of your trip.

Push fear aside and go rafting!

Top dead center, I was the only le…
andrejav says:
This river looks great, I'll have to try it one of this days
Posted on: Aug 09, 2012
bubu932 says:
I did once in Colorado level 4 I had a fantastic time :)
Posted on: Jun 29, 2012