River Riders (rafting and kayaking)

408 Alstadts Hill Rd, Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
www.riverriders.com - 304 535 2663

River Riders (rafting and kayaking) Harpers Ferry Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Great activity Jul 01, 2010
For about $70 a person, the Shenandoah white water rafting trip will take you on a 3 1/2 hour ride with a guide. A group of 4 makes the raft lighter, but 6 and a guide can fit into one raft.

It's just over an hour's drive from DC and I have been there about 6 times and each time, I have had a different experience. I fell out of my raft the first and last time. When the water is low, it's a little easier to kayak in a duckie than to take a raft. The guides are really good and are worth giving a little extra tip to at the end of the trip.

The website is really informative about how to dress, how to get there, what to bring, etc. So be sure to read it and find all the info you need before you go. I am ready to take the next step and upgrade my trip from a class 1-3 trip to a class 3-4 trip! Ack! I can't believe I said that-hope my helmet stays on.

There's a flea market down the street from the River Riders office, so you might want to get there a little early. You can bring lunch, buy it there, or go into Harpers Ferry for a snack.

It is also less than 10 minutes away from Charlestown (if you feel like doing a bit of gambling while you're up there).

Check Harpers Ferry Hotel Deals