River Fun

Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

River Fun Kathmandu Reviews

Globevoyager Globevoy…
Dangerous agency Sep 19, 2008
My dad and I visited Nepal. First part of the trip was hiking in the Everest Region, the second part was a week white water Rafting with River Fun.

I'm a raft guide too. Not really experienced, but I do recognize dangerous rapids and situations.

We went on a seven day trip at the Sun Kosi River. In this time of the year it's a challenging river because of the water levels. For your information: level 1 is a pond in your backyard, level 6 is impossible for a raft.

The Sun Kosi was between 2 and 5+ in October. A 5+ is possible with a raft. But only with an experienced guide and enough man power.

The first mistake the agency made was giving us a raft way too big. Including the guide we were with five. Guide, to assistents, my dad and I. The raft was for nine people.

Second mistake was made by the guide. In his opinion it was not possible to go around the rappid. In mine it was. But he said we had to take the rappid. No discussion. So we did the rapid and crashed big time! I'm not kidding, we actually almost drown. The only good thing was that there was a safety kayaker who was able to push us out of the water.

The raft was gone, all our belongings, camp stuff and food got loose of the raft and was gone. My dad and I and one of the assistents had to walk through the bush for three hours before we found the raft, the stuff and the guide with another assistent.

River Fun made some mistakes in the basic elements of safety guidelines. We were assured that it was safe with only five people, even though I had my doubts. Rafting is dangerous, I do know that. But it's no so dangerous when you have enough man power and a professional guide.

If you still wanna go with this agency, here are some good things of River Fun:

- The food they cooked was really good

- They have a safety kayaker

- You'll sleep at beautiful beaches

Just make sure you're going with a professional agency. Difficult, because a lot of them pretend to be so.
Preparing the raft