River Falls Family Restaurant

River Falls Family Restaurant - sign on Main street

River Falls Family Restaurant Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
lots of food for the price Jul 23, 2009
The River Falls Family Restaurant is the latest restaurant to open in the old Country Kitchen building. This location has suffered from several restaurants that couldn't keep the buisiness. This new restaurant just might be the one to stick around.

You are greeted by a large glass case of fresh, delicious looking pies and a friendly host. Our waters were delivered as we were sitting down and our drinks arrived soon after. Our waitress was very friendly and stopped by our table at just the right amount to be sure we had everything we needed.

The menu serves breakfast all day, as well as lunch and supper. The meals are fairly cheap, with most being under $10. You get a lot of home-cooked food for the price. I ordered the chicken and dumplings special for $7 and got a half chicken (!), 2 biscuit-like dumplings, green beans, and a salad! It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was enough for 2 meals for me. I prefer the Cracker Barrel version of chicken and dumplings, which is cut up chicken and smaller dumplings. My dad got the pot roast which came on a bed of noodles with a bowl of soup and was reported as quite good. We got our pie to go. I got the berry cheesecake and it was so delicious! If nothing else, the pie is a MUST!

The restaurant always seems busy when I drive by, especially at meal times, but there was enough seating that we didn't have to wait. I have only been there for lunch, but I can't wait to go back and try some other dishes!
chicken and dumplings
yummy caesar salad
pot roast
split pea soup

Related Travel Blogs About River Falls Family Restaurant

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…family of Hippos.   February 10th   Moholoholo wild life sanctuary and one Double hard mammal.   Fucking A. This was one hot mother of a day. Must have been…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…family. At one point me and Steve had an audience of about 6 people just staring at us and talking about us. We are getting hardly any sleep as some…

Check River Falls Hotel Deals