River City Inn Singapore

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

River City Inn Singapore Reviews

andrejav andrejav
River City Inn Jan 30, 2017
River City Inn was chosen because I knew that area, and it is easy coming and going, food all around and most of the attractions are walkable. As soon as I got to the building I felt that it is going to be disaster. Well, thinking like that makes everything negative but listen to the story…

Hostel building is in the short street that has few other hostels scattered around. It is a place that few spice traders call home and it smells very good passing by this stores. Small door lead to the stairway and you are going up… up to the fourth floor. Don’t make mistake stopping on the third floor because that’s another hostel… Building looks like some kind of business offices place and I am sure that hostel divided the space and made up some rooms. When I got to the door there was a strong stench of sweat and locker room… I am not sure if it is man or women locker room, but they probably smell similar… The whole hostel was killing my nostrils, and it was especially bad in the dorm room. I have already paid for the room (sometimes I make that mistake), and it was a long trip so I just dropped my stuff.

My fear was that smell is coming from the floor above, a place that hosts gym / fight club. That’s where they try to kill poor punching bag and release hatred… Luckily enough it was just stuff from a guy that was on a bit dirty side. Anyway, fighting gum starts with workouts around 7am and finishes around 10:30. Be SURE that you’ll hear weights dropping above your head, and feel the vibration from jumping. Sometimes it is simply too much, but you can’t do anything about it.

Other vibrations that you’ll get are from the AC’s that are placed on the thin walls so the whole wall vibrates hahahah. In beginning I was thinking that they have huge generator in the basement, but it is not that dramatic.

Another bad thing is staff. Simply the worst. They don’t even look at you when you get in the hostel. Once I was ignored so much that I had to go in the front of the person “working” and make sure that she hears my question. Reception officially works from 9am till 22, but mostly no one will help you with anything. Only cool guy was working during my check in and he explained few things and gave me a key. That key lets you in the hostel and locks your locker. Lucky that staff is not opening the doors…

Another bad thing is that pictures of the dorm that you see on the site are not right. They divided the dorm and cramped much more beds inside. That one I cant forgive.

Most of the rooms are just dark boxes, and the large dorm has windows. AC runs half day and the rest of the day is a bit on the hot side.

Beds are not bad, they have alright breakfast (but you should eat local), and it is pretty clean in the hostel. They make everyone leave their shoes outside.

Bathroom and showers are separate and in good standing. WiFi is really bad. They have couple computers that you can use which is nice for ppl that don’t take their machines.

River City Inn Singapore Overview

Set in the city centre, the River City Inn Singapore provides for easy access to Singapore's sightseeing and entertainment and offers free Wi-Fi. Singapore's attractions, such as Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Funan DigitaLife Mall are within a 10 minute walk.

The River City Inn Singapore's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on the place to go and let loose.

The River City Inn Singapore is a five-minute walk from many attractions including South Bridge Road and Coleman Bridge. The inn is within a 10 minute walk to Sri Mariamman Temple and within a 20 minute walk are Chinatown Heritage Centre, Merlion Park and Asian Civilisations Museum. Changi Airport (SIN) is within a 30 minute drive from the inn.

River City Inn Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Elevator / Lift
  • Air Conditioned
  • Hair Dryer
  • Laundry service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower