Riu Palace Macao

Riu Palace Macao Rates and Deals

Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana Reviews

vinsaro vinsaro
Great spot Sep 17, 2013
Stayed here for a few days, the location and food and service very good!

spacious rooms and free minibar items.

the beach is amazing and clean,the restaurants and bars of excellent quality.

didnt use the spa or pool area as it was very hot that time of year.

if i return to Dom.rep i will stay here again for sure.

the beach is amazing and clean,the restaurants and bars of excellent quality.

didnt use the spa or pool area as it was very hot that time of year.

if i return to Dom.rep i will stay here again for sure
flloyd flloyd
Nice beach hotel Dec 16, 2010
Booked day before going and was far better than expected.

Room was big and clean , safe big enough for netbook. Fridge stocked with beer , water, pepsi etc refilled in the morning, also optics on the wall .

Service was very good , waiter sevice by pool and on beach, the guys came around every 15 mins or so all day.

Lunch - food served in main restaurant - good selection looking at the menu but I ate in poolside grill (steakhouse) good selection given what it was .

Dinner - Buffet food (served in main restaurant) was best I have had on AI board , just a huge choice , salad bar , normally 4 or 5 fish choices , 8 or so meat dishes , rice , pasta ,veg.... burritos.

Also poolside restaurant becomes Steakhouse and Caribe restaurants and Krystal restaraunt (A la Carte) opens up in the evening.

House wine was suprisingly ok serving red , white , rose and sparkling.

Beach was very nice hence crouded.

Facilities at the other Riu hotels on site also available.

Only problem was WiFi was very slow , maybe 10 mins to upload a photo.

Overall much better than I imagined ant the slow internet only meant I got a better tan!
Rokerij Rokerij
Wedding and Honeymoon Nov 17, 2008
Where to begin....

We booked 24 people for our wedding in November and upon arrival we were greeted with the traditional check in drinks. We all got our room keys and made our way to the rooms. Now without looking like a complete idiot, my wife and I were lost. We eventually went back to the front desk who kept telling us to walk through the bar to get to our room. We had 4 suitcases, a wedding dress, and a box of party favors and the bar was packed so this wasn't really a great option, unfortunately we eventually found out it was the only option. They did have bell boys, but we had plenty of grey hairs with us who needed the help more than us. We did wait, but after 20 minutes we both had to use the bathroom so we took off.

Our room was great. Our only complaint was after our first week we were laying in bed and seen a monster on the wall. Turns out it was the biggest cockroach I've ever seen in my entire life. Luckily we had some room service trays that I used to capture the beast and throw it out over the balcony, tray and all. On top of that, we had our sheets changed daily, but occasionally they would put on sheets for a much smaller bed which really made for an uncomfortable sleep.

We did leave tips for the room cleaners daily because we were a bit messy on this trip. They usually took us some fresh cut roses and other exotic flowers and left a nice bouquet in our room every day. This was really nice, and our mothers loved getting them from us.

Food wise, the place is pretty good. I've had much worse, and I've had better. The Japanese restaurant was by far my favorite. The bar was amazing, but with a large group of 24 people the waitresses seemed to be afraid to come around us so we had to result in going to the bar ourselves quite often, or ordering 4-5 drinks at a time when they did make it over. We were lucky enough to have Antonito serving us a couple of nights and he made up for any other slow service we had. He was entertainment and a waiter all in one. I am honestly going to say he single handedly earned 1 of the stars in my review.

Also, the all night restaurant chef made us club house sandwiches and fries every night. For some reason the waiters there were hit or miss. One would let us order clubhouses, others wouldn't. It didn't matter, I made friends with the chef and would tip him nicely to make us all a clubhouse to the point he had one ready for our group of 4 every night.

The wedding was probably the smartest thing we have done. We aren't the type to stress ourselves out for a party. If it involves stress, it isn't worth it. So this was perfect. The only problem I had was getting up before 10am after a late night drinking with my family to go make the few selections we had to make. The wedding went off without a hitch. Really the only issue with the wedding was ignorant people walking right between the photographer and his subjects instead of walking the 5 feet to go around them. Our photographer and videographer grabbed a couple of our "bigger" guests and made them stop people from walking through the pictures. I can't remember the photographers name, but he was the only white guy I seen working there. He was great and our photo's turned out amazing.

The reception was a huge party. I paid the staff to stay an extra hour, but they stayed an extra 3 hours. I have to admit that was a perfect night all thanks to the RIU staff.

The other hotels were great. We went to all of them despite not having access to the RIU PALACE PUNTA CANA. We found a way, it is called tipping and being friendly. We had the pool bar staff showing us all kinds of crazy drinks, including mamajuana which literally knocked me on my butt (stupid word censor). The other hotels seemed to have better night life, but that is the perks of using a resort with full access.

The sunset cruise was amazing. The monster truck safari was everyone's favorite part of the trip. If you go on the monster trucks, take plenty of school supplies, hats, toys, or whatever you can carry. You will see plenty of kids that would really like those things.

We also bought a couple days at the massage parlours on the beach, and friends all decided to buy us some, so we had massages on the beach daily. To the point we made friends with the masseuses and we would sneak them drinks every chance we got. Great ladies.

Now the problems we had:

On arrival many of our guests had room problems.

1. Brother and his wife had bed bugs. Little ant looking things crawling all over the mattress seems.

2. Parents room had no A/C and this was my moms first time in a tropical climate so she was having a really hard time adjusting to the heat. An A/C would have solved her problems, but it didn't work.

3. Best mans room had puke on the balcony with multiple empty cans. An unflushed toilet. Unmade beds. Unswept floors. And to top it off they were facing the night club with loud music.

4. Friends had a strong mildew smell in their room, and since she was pregnant she was unable to cope with it the same as us non-pregnant folks.

3 of the rooms were switched that night. My parents AC was fixed 2 days later. In the meantime my mother stayed in my brothers new room to take advantage of his AC.

Also, we read there was an ATM on site. This is not true. The ATM is just outside of the security gates in the staff areas. Now I am sure these people are great, but there were hundreds of people standing around the ATM (which was completely empty during our first week and only got filled during our second week). We got money out, but we felt very unsafe taking out enough money for the remainder of the weeks excursions, shopping, and tips. Luckily in the middle of getting our money out a policia came by and made all the locals move away from us.

The pool was great the first week, but the second week the wind was a little stronger and they stopped cleaning it so there was a gross film over the water. The pool chairs were all reserved by 6am. We eventually found out that people would leave books out over night, and some would tip the pool guy to reserve them for the entire week even though at any given time only half the chairs were being used. We usually just moved people's stuff and waited for someone to say something to us, no one ever did.

Riu Palace Macao Overview

Located amidst palm groves and only a short walk from the beach, the Riu Palace Macao is also close to other local attractions. Guests will be able to visit many attractions in the area, including Higuey and Manati Park, where they will be able to participate in dolphin encounters and other activities. They will also find many golf courses in the area. The airport is only 20 km from the Riu Palace Macao. Guests will find that they are able to walk to some local attractions, including the beach. They can find public transportation that can take them to other areas and the airport.

The 328 rooms and 36 suites at the Riu Palace Macao offer many amenities including bathrooms, hairdryers, mini bars, liquor dispensers, air conditioning, and more. All of the rooms have a balcony.

The hotel features a pool and a spa tub, as well as a full service spa. Those staying at the Riu Palace Macao will be able to use the onsite tennis courts and play at the onsite casino. The hotel offers nightly entertainment, as well as many bars and restaurants.

Riu Palace Macao Amenities

• Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels