Riu Palace Bavaro

Check Punta Cana Hotel Deals

Riu Palace Bavaro Punta Cana Reviews

dangerous_rose124 dangerou…
All Inclusive, All Worth it! Jun 29, 2012
I've been to the Dominican Republic two previous times, and this third time was for a wedding for my second cousins. I stayed here rather than the resort that the wedding was at, mainly because I booked a deal through Expedia, in which I received a great deal. This was the first resort experience I had in DR (the previous two times I stayed with a volunteer organization at their orphanages).

Even though there were some technical travel difficulties (due to it being election weekend, and horrendous weather) I arrived at 9pm, and the staff was helpful and wonderful from the moment I arrived. I received a complimentary beverage upon check-in, and they checked me in quickly, and speedily brought my luggage to my room (since I had to quick change and be off to the wedding). I even managed to get some food from dinner in their buffet, and keep it in the mini fridge in my room (which I ate upon returning later that night).

Everything you can possibly want was included-including the beverages in the mini-fridge, and liquor dispenser in the rooms! There was no shortage of food at all times, between all the bars and restaurants. The buffet was excellent for all meals-I especially enjoyed the desserts at the meals, in the little dishes and cups! The drinks were also great (including at the swim-up bar) and the bartender patiently made me drinks until we found something I liked! The dinner on Saturday nights is traditional Dominican fare (beware of the Mamajuana-if you have the taste, and stomach for it, go for it; otherwise, avoid it!).

At nights there was a live dancing show with talented dancers. During the day one could swim in the pool, or the beaches; there was also a casino and nightclub (but let's face it: you don't go away to gamble or to a club-least, not here!). One could also wander through the rest of the Riu resorts (which I did, since they were all connected) to see what they were like. There were some shops which sell the traditional souvenirs (just remember if you use your credit card, or use the ATM, you'll be charged conversion by your bank/credit card company) and convert the prices from pesos to dollars (so no surprises when you get home). Some of the shopkeepers were a little pushy (probably because I was a woman).

As for the room: it was a suite, with a hot tub, king-sized bed (two smaller beds pushed together, though), and was comfortable. Even though I was near the club, casino and shop street, it was still very quiet, and noise was not a problem at night when I wanted to sleep. My only annoyance was that upon returning to my room at 3am there was a roach who greeted me-housekeeping was closed, ergo no spray available-so let's just say he went swimming in the toilet bowl. An inconvenience, but it didn't ruin my stay. It's the Caribbean-there's bugs, and animals!

I just wish I could've stayed longer at the resort, and in the country (I stayed 4 days, since I had to return to work Tuesday morning); I stayed Friday-Sunday. I'd definitely return in the future, and stay at another Riu chain resort in DR, or even Mexico/other locations in the world, since it was amazing!

Check Punta Cana Hotel Deals