Ritual Cafe

Ritual Cafe - lemonade!

Ritual Cafe Des Moines Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Ritual Cafe - Jun 25, 2011
I happened to find this place by accident. I was starving and looking for another restaurant in the area, but it was closed and the cafe was opened. Not knowing anything about it I figured that they had to have something I could eat to hold me over until later..

What a happy surprise I found!

The cafe is a spacious but cozy coffee house. There was a tiny stage in the corner for small indie shows. walls were decorated with a few pieces of local artwork and or posters of past and future music acts. There was a definite pro earth mother vibe. Very friendly staff!

They had a modest and 100% vegetarian menu with many items easily converted into vegan! After walking all over the city in the heat looking for a place that was open and served something i could eat, this was like walking into heaven!

I ordered the grilled hummus sandwich. I asked for the hummus on the side (because I am weird like that) and no cooked peppers on a garlic focaccia and a glass of lemonade.

Food was very good. the hummus was perfect!!! thick and flavorful! the garlic focaccia was so good!! it was a perfect little lunch for a hot summer day!

check out their menu and music lineup online at:

logo