Rita Hotel

Check Bali Hotel Deals

Rita Hotel Bali Reviews

feline_p feline_p
A stay not to remember Mar 06, 2011
On my last trip to Bali in November 2010, when I first arrived, I went hotel hunting because I did not make any reservations prior to my trip. So, I directed the cabby to Poppies Lane 1,in Kuta, Bali, because after doing some research, I got to know there were lots of accommodations available within the area.

I was looking for a budget inn or hotel. After much walking, my friend found us Rita Hotel which was offering rooms at the rate of RP150k for a standard room. We were pleased with the bargain which we thought was super cheap, so we took one and off we went.

The room had no AC and had a wall fan which was hardly working. It had a small bathroom, and two single beds. There was also a small TV in the room. The heat was unbearable and the fan wasn’t helping, so we decided to ask for another room which had AC and was given one for a RP220k.

The second room was spacious and was located on the ground floor of the hotel. I could not walk barefoot in the room because the tiles felt sticky and unhygienic. There was one queen size bed in the middle of the room, and there was also a TV. The toilet was filthy and shabby and there was no way of walking into it without having your slippers on. The AC was functioning poorly but after some time, it was enough to keep us chilled for the night. We made do with the room and spent the night there, itching to check out the first thing in the morning.

Surprisingly, the room came with breakfast too. It was very basic, tea or coffee and one pre-prepared toast, and some fresh fruit. It wasn’t much but at least they tried to give back something nice to the hotel guests.

I have nothing much to say about this hotel except that even though it was cheap, the condition of the room was not something that I’d like to remember. Needless to say soon after breakfast, I went hunting for another hotel to bunk in for the night. Well, if not anything else, at least I could claim I’ve stayed at a backpacker’s lair, albeit a very poor one :P. Some may not have minded it, but really, you could find better ones you know.

Check Bali Hotel Deals