Via della Conciliazione, Rome, Italy
Ristró - Probably would have been good hot!
Ristró - Probably would have been good hot!
Ristró - Ristorante Ristró - Roma
Ristró - Dining area at Ristró
Ristró - Dining area at Ristró

Ristró Rome Reviews

boxinbcn boxinbcn
Restaurant close to Vatican and Castel S.Angelo Feb 28, 2009
With their extremely convenient location on the street linking St. Peter’s Basilica to the S. Angelo Bridge and Castle, I figured this had to be a tourist trap and wasn’t expecting much – but after hours of walking through the miles of Vatican museums and climbing from the basement crypt to the top of the cupola at St. Peter’s I was tired, hungry and basically just wanted to sit down and relax for a little while before continuing on.

Being that I expected very little, I wasn’t too disappointed when little is what I got! The service wasn’t good – it was slow and not very attentive, but not unfriendly either and the smartly dressed waiters do seem to be able to manage with a variety of foreign languages.

We had a fixed set – “Menu Napoli” which consisted of a piece of bread with fresh (?) diced tomato on it, a plain pizza and a trial-sized drink. Suffice it to say that it wasn’t good – not bad enough to complain about, but the pizza was cold and everything tasted like it had been prepared early in the morning and was sitting there all day.

This place would be ok for a soft drink or a coffee as you walk down the street, but I wouldn’t recommend eating there. Although any place can have an off day. I wouldn’t go back for a meal. But, I have to admit that as far as prices go, and compared with other places we visited in Rome this wasn’t expensive. Oh, and they tack on 15% for service. No wonder the waiters aren’t too motivated!
Ristorante Ristró - Roma
Dining area at Ristró
Probably would have been good hot!

Check Rome Hotel Deals