Ristorante Sole D'italia

33 32 47 46

Ristorante Sole D'italia Copenhagen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place with a good ambiance in the city centre Oct 02, 2010
The restaurant Sole d'Italia is situated in the north eastern corner of one of the coziest places of Copenhagen; Gråbrødre Torv. If you walk by you can’t miss the entrance of the restaurant because there is a table in front of the restaurant every day all year around.

The restaurant is situated in the basement and when you step down you are met by a wonderful cozy atmosphere. The inside area is rustic in an Italian style with loads of small decorations and with dimmed light and a candle light on the tables.

The kitchen is Italian and the food is typical dishes from the Northern Italy and Toscana. I have been coming there a couple of times and the food has been really great and the service has been extremely friendly. It is a surprisingly nice place to visit.

The wines are all from Italy and I have had good experiences of their Chianti Classico. The wine range goes from payable wines to some of the best Northern Italian wines like Massolino Barolo from Piemonte and Tenuta Frigiali Brunello di Montalcino from Tuscany.
The restaurant from outside
Chokk says:
No I didn't go back, Jacque but when I looked at the level that I gave some of the restaurants that I have visited lately I could not defend the number of stars I had given this place so I took it one down.

One thing that I have learnt over the years is not to eat in large groups if you expect the best of service and even food - but it might only be me :)

Have a great weekend you too
Posted on: Aug 24, 2012
westwind57 says:
I just noted the response to your comment by this gourmetchef, Christian. Apart from the fact that this is the only comment he has ever written on this site, the way you describe it sounds pretty good. Have you been there lately? It is funny because some reviews pop up in my updated list as new reviews while they already existed (and sometimes I already commented or smiled). Anyway, their wines, except maybe the housewines, sound ok to me :) Have a great weekend
Posted on: Aug 24, 2012
Chokk says:
One of my friends was in there eating not long time ago and also had a bad experience with the food but they were a group and they took the menu. I dont know if something has changed.

I never took the menu but went for the dishes - but you definitely raise the question of my last evaluation of the evaluation, when I also consider the feedback from my friend.

But do never take the menu when you are in a group - it will take you longer but you will be better off.
Posted on: Apr 03, 2011