Ristorante Nando

Via Matilde Contessa n.8, Pisa, Italy

Ristorante Nando Pisa Reviews

mariemak mariemak
Nov 24, 2007
We were recommended several times to a restaurant just outside the city walls, however, it proved so popular that we couldn't be squeezed in. Lucky for us, the maitre d' took pity on us and referred us around the corner to Nando. While the atmosphere was less charming than our original recommendation, there were no complaints about the food. We did notice that our portions seemed to be smaller than the "local" portions, however, I was beyond stuffed after my starter, so this really wasn't an issue. We had calamari, salad, a seafood platter and risotto between the two of us and there was no room for tiramisu (although we did indulge in fresh pineapple) and we were thankful for a long walk back to our hotel.

The table next to us had an amazing looking lobster and seafood combo for two and I'm not sure if I was more impressed with the dish or with the fact that they finished it and moved on to dessert.

The decor reminded me of a high class fish camp in South Carolina. If you are looking for the charming, quaint, picturesque restaurant, this isn't it. If you are looking for an amazing Italian meal in an authentically local eatery, have a meal at Nando.

Check Pisa Hotel Deals