Piazza Montevecchio, Rome, Italy
Ristorante Montevecchio Rome Reviews
Jul 23, 2007
Ristorante Montevecchio is in a little piazza close to Piazza Navona and could easily be overlooked if not for containing the best restaurant ever! Montevecchio has a charming, casual elegance but the food is what makes it so spectacular. I have lived in Rome for close to a year now and this is hands down the best food I have had here. You can take this a high praise as I eat out every night (my cooking skills are extremely sorry) and I attempt to try somewhere new as often as possible.
The staff at Montevecchio makes you feel like a member of the family. They are wonderfully friendly and really know how to make a good meal great. Ask for Jessica, her english is perfect and is great with recommendations.
My recommendations at Montevecchio:
(1) steamed eggplant cake - starter
(2) insalata caprese - simple and delicious
(3) sauted clams over bruschetta - if you like garlic this is your dish
(4) pasta dumplings filled with pear and ricotta cheese (*** my favorite***)
(5) Lasagna (you may think you have had good lasagna before but never this good)
(6) red wine and peppercorn filet - my brother, a big meat eater and regular at steakhouses in nyc, claims this is the best filet he has ever had.
***dessert is a must so save room ***
Favorites for dessert:
(7) ricotta and pear cake - they call it a cheese cake but it is lighter and fluffier than ones I have known before, it is delicious
(8) warm apple cake - very yummy!
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!